Its a very Small World.

georgeinsc

Elite Member
At the beach the other day i found a couple rings. One was sterling silver and the other was what appeared to be a High School Class Ring. It was crusty as some rings are when they come out of the sand.

A couple days later i decided to do some electrolysis on the ring to see if i could find a hall mark. Found a marking that i believe indicates that the ring is made of lustrium which is a cheap alternative to gold.

Once i was able to read the name engraved in the ring i suspected that i knew who it belonged to.

I worked for 11 years with a guy who had a young daughter with the first name that was engraved in the ring.

Called his work this morning and he was off today so i did a bit of research and found his home number.

Called and talked to his wife and she was aware that their daughter had lost her class ring. She then put her husband on the phone. we talked for a bit and made arrangements for me to return the ring to him on Monday. Dad was not aware that the daughter had lost the ring.

Daughter is going to have to answer some questions from Dad when she comes home from College He is going to have some fun before he gives her the ring back.

I find it amazing that in an area with in excess of 120,000 people that i would find a ring that belonged to the daughter of some one i know.

Attachments

• DSC01035.JPG
    DSC01035.JPG
    162.4 KB · Views: 803
Gave the ring to the young ladies Father today. Found out that she lost the ring two years ago.

Back
Top Bottom