flurting with the X-terra over V3i

(Heavy)

Elite Member
auto ground balance :shock: Minelab X-Terra 705
is this machine newer or older than the V3i?
it looks much simpler than the V3i to use
is pumping the machine for GB unique to Minelab?

this is one ugly Biotch but to hear the features and see the simplicity compared to the V3i

the boys are getting sucked into this demo
boys.jpg

Pumping the coil is the way most machines are ground balanced manualy
The V3I and a lot of other machines have a auto balance feature either way is a personal preference
i manuely balance mine when i first start hunting then let the machine do it
after that unless i go to a lot different type of soil in a short space
it takes a little bit of time for the machine to adjust to big abrupt changes
in soil conditions
i dont know anything about an X-terra so i cant help with that

It's an easy machine to master and the options are great. I have the 705 gold pack and it is right up there in the gold finding ratings.

Dusty

I'm listening ... thanks

This X-Terra seems like 'MineLab for Dummies' which if all things equal leans me more in the X-terra direction. that tone tuning feature could be of some interest since i have hearing loss in the 6000 range from working Tampa International's tarmat as a fueler.

Yeah almost all detectors ground balance like that, I know all my Fishers and Whites have. The 705 if a great machine but if money was not an issue I would definitely go v3i. Most machines even the complicated ones have presets for beginners so don't worry about all the options you can keep it simple if you want. On the other hand once you get use to the machine those options are nice to have and fun to play with.

I can't compare against a V3, but can say the x terra 705 is a heck of a machine, i really like mine! It's easy to get the hang of, light weight, batteries last forever, id is very accurate, backlit screen is perfect at night, etc, etc...

Why is this even a discussion??? Forget the X-Terra and go with an E-Trac if you have the money to spend on a V3i... You'll be MUCH happier. I was. I bought the V3, hated it, switched to the E-Trac, now I LOVE MD'ing again.

Xt-705:

The XT-705 is a very good machine ( I have the XT-70) for the money, but metal detectors are for the most part just like buying a car, you pretty much get what you pay for. A $600-$700 detector just isn't going to have the features, nor match the depth of a detector costing twice as much such as the V3i or the E-Trac. Though there are some who would argue that point...

A $600-$700 detector just isn't going to have the features, nor match the depth of a detector costing twice as much such as the V3i or the E-Trac. Though there are some who would argue that point...

There are some European made VLF machines, that cost less than 600 dollars, that can easily achieve the depth of a E-trac, but obviously dont have the same features as those machines costing over 1000 dollars.:cool:

It's not about depth... Most old silver coins I find with the E-Trac are 6-8" deep... It's about intelligence, separation, discrimination, processing speed, etc, etc, etc...

I can't compare against a V3, but can say the x terra 705 is a heck of a machine, i really like mine! It's easy to get the hang of, light weight, batteries last forever, id is very accurate, backlit screen is perfect at night, etc, etc...

Yup, very happy with mine as well!!!!:yes::yes:

Dusty

I can only speak for the X-terra 705.. having just recently acquring one, i love this machine. I bought a Fisher F70 about the same time and would pick the 705 over the F70 any day...

this has been a very helpful owner information on two fine detectors (one twice as much as the other) Doesnt the Whites V3i have it's own rechargable battery system which may or may not be something i care to hitch up with. any thoughts on replacement batts in the future for this kind of power source over the common AA.
does one have a wireless headset or no?

Yes, it does. However, when I had mine, I can only get about 6 hours out of it, where my E-Trac battery I can get about 12 hours. I mostely used store bought batteries when I owned the V3 because of the annoying short life of the rechargeable pack.

this has been a very helpful owner information on two fine detectors (one twice as much as the other) Doesnt the Whites V3i have it's own rechargable battery system which may or may not be something i care to hitch up with. any thoughts on replacement batts in the future for this kind of power source over the common AA.

Check out the F75 LTD also, I love it and would choose it again in a heartbeat. 40 hours on 4aa batteries. I detected about 12 hours with mine so far and it still reads full battery life on my original batteries. Its simple to use, light to swing, goes super deep, and will cover ground fast. It's my favorite machine of all time for my colonial coin/relic sites. I bought my standard F75 with additional 6in eliptical for under $1k new, you can get the black model with boost for 100 bucks or so more which will give you even more depth.

http://whiteselectronics.com/v3i.html

Yes, it does. However, when I had mine, I can only get about 6 hours out of it, where my E-Trac battery I can get about 12 hours. I mostely used store bought batteries when I owned the V3 because of the annoying short life of the rechargeable pack.

I get extremely good life out of the rechargeable batterie on my V3i... I did a ton of research between the E-trac and the V3i and almost every review put the V3i ahead of the E-trac..

I get extremely good life out of the rechargeable batterie on my V3i... I did a ton of research between the E-trac and the V3i and almost every review put the V3i ahead of the E-trac..
Well you had to be getting the reviews off of a V3 forum lol. Go to all the forums on any site and look at the number and amounts of finds and the E Trac forum will be slap full of finds where as all the other ones will be almost totally discussion on how to use the blasted machines the perspective forums are about. :wow:

Really this is like comparing a Ferrari to the Impala. Both are great for the class, but they are in different classes.

The V3i was far deeper than my X-Terra 70 without a doubt. The XT-70 was far simpler to operate while the V3i handled conditions better.

Back
Top Bottom