UPF sun glove comparison for beach hunters

itsaring!

24K Larry
Forum Supporter
Tested a pair of Glacier Glove against a pair of Mossy Oak Rock Fish glove. Both are rated at UPF 50+. Had to order the Glacier Glove on line at $14.59. The Mossy Oak Rock fish i just walk into Academy sports and they were $13.96. That is including all taxes and fee's on both.

Overall grip performed better on the Carbon Fiber scoop handle with the Mossy Oak. The Glacier glove was a lot slicker. I think it is not only a better faux leather on the Mossy oak, but it is also on 3 fingers not two. And also the design of the one piece palm faux leather. The Faux leather is 100% Polyurethane based synthetic leather. Not sure on the Glacier glove?

The Mossy Oak appears to be a good bit more robust than the Glacier Glove. Not that anything lasts forever. But in my opinion the Mossy oak brand should outlast the Glacier glove.

So in conclusion, if you need to wear gloves for sun/blister protection in warm weather, i'd say the Mossy oak wins hands down!:lol:

Attachments

• glove.jpg
    glove.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 205
  • glove1.jpg
    glove1.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 184
  • glove2.jpg
    glove2.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 192
  • glove3.jpg
    glove3.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 190
  • glove4.jpg
    glove4.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 183
  • glove5.jpg
    glove5.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 183
  • glove6.jpg
    glove6.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 192
  • glove7.jpg
    glove7.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 184
so if i switch to fiber shaft i have to wear gloves ??

No. Depends on the brand carbon fiber, coating added to the carbon fiber, amount of time you detect and build callouses, etc. I also use ash handle scoops. Your hands are exposed to the sun a lot. later i will do a review of head/ neck protection and shirts to water hunt in with long sleeves. You beach hunt a lot you get messed up by sun exposure. Sunscreen doesn't last long in the water.

Tested a pair of Glacier Glove against a pair of Mossy Oak Rock Fish glove. Both are rated at UPF 50+. Had to order the Glacier Glove on line at $14.59. The Mossy Oak Rock fish i just walk into Academy sports and they were $13.96. That is including all taxes and fee's on both.

Overall grip performed better on the Carbon Fiber scoop handle with the Mossy Oak. The Glacier glove was a lot slicker. I think it is not only a better faux leather on the Mossy oak, but it is also on 3 fingers not two. And also the design of the one piece palm faux leather. The Faux leather is 100% Polyurethane based synthetic leather. Not sure on the Glacier glove?

The Mossy Oak appears to be a good bit more robust than the Glacier Glove. Not that anything lasts forever. But in my opinion the Mossy oak brand should outlast the Glacier glove.

So in conclusion, if you need to wear gloves for sun/blister protection in warm weather, i'd say the Mossy oak wins hands down!:lol:

Larry... I use this stuff... works well lasts a couple seasons... it only sticks to itself...

Its got a crosshatch pattern.... which adds to the grip.... I get mine local and its made here in US...

This is the brand right here.... the blue stuff...

https://www.electrotape.com/electrical-rubber-tapes-low-voltage-splicing/

Nice review, Larry!

Just had my first skin cancer screening... gloves make sense now! :cool:

The CF handles are slick as ice. I used a few tapes and am now trying some grip stuff we use on our fleet of airboats. Guarantee you won't slip but it is slightly abrasive! bwhahahaah

Attachments

• grip.jpg
    grip.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 164

So in conclusion, if you need to wear gloves for sun/blister protection in warm weather, i'd say the Mossy oak wins hands down!:lol:[/QUOT

I have used different dive gloves over the years that cover all fingers and Velcro onto the wrist. Really like them with the surf here.

This is one of the best reviews I've seen in awile , much better than you know who's garbage. And I'm looking forward to your other sun clothing reviews. Some of you are aware of some of my skin cancer issues. Went for another checkup yesterday and have a few more spots on my face. Pre-cancer , nothing major but will require some special topical medications for a few weeks. This is all from being a outdoor/beach guy my whole life and not using sunscreen or staying protected much. Now it's different. Always looking for hats , gloves , long sleeves , etc. Take care of yourself guys if you spend alot of time outdoors. Thanks Larry !

This is one of the best reviews I've seen in awile , much better than you know who's garbage. And I'm looking forward to your other sun clothing reviews. Some of you are aware of some of my skin cancer issues. Went for another checkup yesterday and have a few more spots on my face. Pre-cancer , nothing major but will require some special topical medications for a few weeks. This is all from being a outdoor/beach guy my whole life and not using sunscreen or staying protected much. Now it's different. Always looking for hats , gloves , long sleeves , etc. Take care of yourself guys if you spend alot of time outdoors. Thanks Larry !
If your skin Doc prescribed you Flourouracil cream it can burn a bit. Mine told me to start with my hands, then lower forearms, then upper forearms. I just went ahead and got it over with. But it wasn't fun.

If your skin Doc prescribed you Flourouracil cream it can burn a bit. Mine told me to start with my hands, then lower forearms, then upper forearms. I just went ahead and got it over with. But it wasn't fun.
Yeah , been using that for a few years. But just recently they are recommending this precursor before the Fluoro. Supposed to only take about 5 days compared to 30. Lol20220806_120203.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Come back later with a follow up! I use weight lifting gloves because I like the cut out fingers. I used to use neoprene and cut off for the fingers but they don't last as long.

Come back later with a follow up! I use weight lifting gloves because I like the cut out fingers. I used to use neoprene and cut off for the fingers but they don't last as long.

Will do! I have tried diving gloves more than once but didn't like them.

Back
Top Bottom