Silver Ring and Wheat

FLOOD

Forum Supporter
Yesterday was a busy day, but I managed to get an hour or so free in the late afternoon. I tried a small pocket park that I've never been to before. It's situated along a fairly busy road, and all of the past posts about curb strips had me interested that I might have some luck. I parked my car, tuned up the machine and the first coin I picked up was a 1924 wheatie. I was hoping that meant I had more to look forward to, but as the hour of time was passing, I only found clad, mostly pennies, a couple dimes and a quarter. I walked down a little hill near the sidewalk and got a decent signal, which was hopeful as my time was running out. Dug the spot, and at first, I thought I pulled up a pop top given the shape...but when I took it out, I had a ring that looked silver. I couldn't tell for sure because there was some grime and dirt, and I didn't have any water. Took it back home, washed it up, and 925 was listed on the inside along with another makers mark. It fits my pinky, but it's a girls ring, so I won't be flashing this one around town. Pretty happy as this is only my second silver ring for the season.

Attachments

• Silver Ring Norwood Ave 31 Jul 22.jpg
    Silver Ring Norwood Ave 31 Jul 22.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 135
  • Silver Ring in GLove 31 Jul 22.jpg
    Silver Ring in GLove 31 Jul 22.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 143
  • 925 Silver Ring 31 Jul 22.jpg
    925 Silver Ring 31 Jul 22.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 128
  • Silver Ring 1924 Wheat and Clad 31 Jul 22.jpg
    Silver Ring 1924 Wheat and Clad 31 Jul 22.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 136
Congrats on the wheat and sterling. Those out of the way places always seem to hold a goodie or two. Good luck. Mark

I would guess that ring held a pearl, or a star sapphire or a semi-precious stone that "escaped".

I was thinking same thing. It does not look like anything would have been anchored in there with prongs, but I could see the possibility that there was a stone that sat inside, with the edges of the stone being underneath the two sides of the ring holding it in place...gone now but the ring is in good shape otherwise.

Congrats on the wheat and sterling. Those out of the way places always seem to hold a goodie or two. Good luck. Mark

I stopped back there today for an hour or so. No more luck with wheats or jewelry. I nabbed some clad and found a couple of keys - one to a car - did not find the car tho!

very nice silver ring and wheat. Where there are wheats you probably will find some silver coins.

Wheats make me smile, memorials make me frown.

Back
Top Bottom