• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

My first coin!! Yeaaa!

bearbqd

Elite Member
Found my first coin today at lunch time. It was a 1977 Penny, but a coin non the less. I was happy to know that the cz7a does in fact detect coins and not just a lot of junk, which I have also found. I also found the bezel to a watch that showed as a high coin.
I've been working an old fence line in front of our shop where people might have dropped stuff while climbing over the fence after crossing the road. It's mostly just for practice and getting used to this machine, but I'm already addicted. I can't imagine what I'll feel like when I find my first really cool object. I have a great 150 acre old farm land with buildings that I've gotten permission to hunt and have been there only twice for a total of about 3 hours. This Sunday should be my first time out that I can spend about 5 hours at it. I can't wait.
Also, I just wanted to let everyone know that I really enjoy this forum and all of the stories and helpful advice in it. Keep up the great work and finds and I'll be posting pics of cool stuff soon too.

epi-hunter said:
bearbqd said:
Found my first coin today at lunch time. It was a 1977 Penny, but a coin non the less. I was happy to know that the cz7a does in fact detect coins and not just a lot of junk, which I have also found. I also found the bezel to a watch that showed as a high coin.
I've been working an old fence line in front of our shop where people might have dropped stuff while climbing over the fence after crossing the road. It's mostly just for practice and getting used to this machine, but I'm already addicted. I can't imagine what I'll feel like when I find my first really cool object. I have a great 150 acre old farm land with buildings that I've gotten permission to hunt and have been there only twice for a total of about 3 hours. This Sunday should be my first time out that I can spend about 5 hours at it. I can't wait.
Also, I just wanted to let everyone know that I really enjoy this forum and all of the stories and helpful advice in it. Keep up the great work and finds and I'll be posting pics of cool stuff soon too.

Hey bear,

Gotta love those CZ's :grin:

I've only been at this for a few months, but I would predict that you will learn a ton about this detector in the next two battery changes. My advice would be to keep that fenceline site in mind all the time, and detect it when you can but also alternate with some sites where you're sure to pick up some more coins (parks etc). You can learn a lot that way, and you may end up deciding to go over the fenceline again. I know that's what I ended up doing with some of my old homestead sites.

That's what I advised in one of the story submissions I made to White's, Epi. To better learn your machine, take it somewhere that you KNOW there's all kinds of coins... a park, a playground, or a schoolyard.

hey great job , a coin is a coin is a coin. youll be pulling those 1800's out of the ground soon dont you worry. if the coil ainta swinging the head phone ainta dinging . good luck the bugguy in the great state of NH

Yup, I remember the first coin I found. I did the dance. :lol: Up to that point I wasn't hooked. I think it would be easier to quit drugs than to try and give up MD'ing. :lol:

I still remember my first coin, a shiny new 2004 penny laying on the surface but hidden by the grass in my yard. It's long gone now, but not forgotten! Congrats on your first coin, you'll be rolling up the clad in no time! HH!

Thanks for all the encouragement guys and gals. I went out today with an assignment first on hand. My wife's boss's friend's son :) lost a St. Christopher medallion on a soccer field that the pope himself gave to him when they visited the vatican. His mom is super upset and I said I'd be glad to help locate it. Unfortunately, after two hours I still hadn't found it and my wife and I were interested in heading over to the farm I told you about.
Before leaving though, I did manage to find 2 pennies next to each other, the next hit was a dime and the next a New Hampshire quarter. I was getting happy hitting on several coins. Next I hit a big signal near the surface and it was a railroad spike. Not too surprising considering there are tracks about 100 yards away.
It wasn't long before dark when I hit the farm and the only half interesting thing I found was a 7mm casing about 2 inches down. Anyway, I had fun and that's what its all about right? Can't wait until the days get longer.

Back
Top Bottom