• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Apex Garett Noisy Issue

thbenj78

Good morning all,

I would need help. I acquired an Apex very recently. I made his first outing today in a wood with a lot of elevation.

But now, the problem is that I can not stabilize it, I have false signals continuously with indices that vary around 40, and it is only by lowering the sensi to 1/3 that I succeed in calming the beast (which I imagine will make me miss some great discoveries). I tried to do ground balancing but it just got worse. I also tried to switch between frequencies (5, 10, 15, 20 or multi-frequency). Nothing helps. It also offers frequency channels (8 in total). There I was able to switch to another channel (go from 8 to 1) and it quite calmed the thing, until I redo a ground balance and it messes everything up. Result: inability to detect because false signals ...

If you ever have answers ... EMI? Yet it is quite far from the high voltage lines, a little lost, on the other hand it was close to a small stream and the soil was soaked. If you can help me...

Best regards,
B

Make sure the coil plug connection is tight and there is not alot of slop in the coil wire. You might also do a factory reset.

I did both, in fact it didn't change nothing. I'll try again next Monday. Will keep you adapted. Seems a soft update will be coming as the problem is now known by Garett.

I have the same issues metal detecting in a grassy park, not as much at the beach, I have tried everything, without success.

I have been having a few issues with mine too. I adjusted the sensitivity down and knocked the iron sound to full 44. And then played with the frequencies and it’s more manageable

A buddy had the same problem. He sent it back and the replacement worked much better.

i don't seem to have that problem with mine I love my apex the only issue i have is wireless headphones cutting out at the beach only

I had the same issue called Garrett spoke to Rusty explained the issue. He send me a mailing label and I shipped the Apex. I received a brand new replacement in 2 days. According to Rusty they have upgraded the software. Great customer service.

Does it need dipped in water because it’s dehydrated?

Last edited:
You've probably figured this out by now, but I read a nice post on DetectorProspector about this. "Testing The Garrett Apex / False Signals - Issue Solved". The gist of it was that perhaps one early production run of coils had a poor cable to coil connection. Worth a read; he does a really thorough review of the Apex in a variety of conditions in northern France.

Back
Top Bottom