Xtreme Scoop & Trident Handle [Detail Pics]

All Clad

Just got my Xtreme Scoop X1 w/ Trident Carbon Fiber handle and Motus Grip.

I appreciate when people post detail photos, so I'm paying it forward. This is straight out of box, not yet used.

Click image to take you to page where you can zoom to fullsize.

Assembly was easy and fast. Handle is sealed on the attachment end, with the female screw inlet. On the other end, it is foam filled, then covered with the rubber cap. End is angled to match the angle of the scoop so it mates flush. Fit in the scoop is snug as it should be.

You can see the ribbed texture of the Trident handle. It's not extremely grippy, but better than a smooth handle. Should help with sweaty hands on beach, but probably won't matter much in water. We shall see.

Welds are very clean and good. Better than I expected for what these scoops cost. Many years ago I used to weld and did some metal working...so these are priced well considering what goes into it.

Everything measures as expected. 2mm thick. 13" x 8" x almost 5" ...it's 10" to the point where the rear slopes and at angle. Holes are 1/2" ...12.5mm flat to flat, 14mm corner to corner.

Have to get my scale to get an exact weight, will do that in a few days.

I very much like the attachment method of the Motus grip. Won't damage the handle, and isn't a pain to remove (requires no tools). It is very solid, it isn't going to budge. Best part is, there is no metallic hardware involved to poke or scratch you.

You might want to beef up your Motus a little. I found it to be pretty skinny and very slippery in the water. I bedazzled mine with stick-on bedazzle beads and then dipped the handle in 3 coats of plasti-dip, letting it dry for 30 mins between coats. Thickened it up and gave it an awesome grip. You might get some strange looks and rude jokes because it looks like something we shouldn't talk about on the forum BUT it is very comfortable when finished. :laughing:

Attachments

• Motus.jpg
    Motus.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 760
Thanks for the ideas!

I'm going to run it a couple of times, and see where I need to add grip to. Was thinking skateboard tape or something like that. But your idea is better.

All clad

Congrats, nice scoop, and thanks for the detailed pick's of the scoop weld's, and the Trident look's nice, you will like the X1 in the water, happy hunting, Earl :neat:

Nice setup but those motus lift handles suck slippery when they get wet raptor handle is,much better

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Got yourself it's solid well-built scoop. The Trident CF handle gripping is great wet or dry. As far as the Motus Grip handle, Go to your local Walmart or Targets sporting department and pick up a tennis rack or hockey stick gripping tape..... I've been using this method for years on my wooden handles and now on MG. HH

Last edited:
Got yourself it's solid well-built scoop. The Trident CF handle gripping is great wet or dry. As far as the Motus Grip handle, Go to your local Walmart or Targets sporting department and pick up a tennis rack or hockey stick gripping tape..... I've been using this method for years on my wooden handles and now on MG. HH

I use hockey stick tape as well. Works great. I use a wrap of electrical tape at the top and bottom of my wraps to keep it from rolling down when I slide my hand down the scoop handle. I also wrap my nox handle with it. Don’t need electrical tape on it

Those are some great pictures ! You may want to add a round magnet (with a hole) right where the screw goes into the end of the shaft. Easily remove bottle caps , nails, , etc. Works great on mine.

Well crud. I can not see the pictures for some reason. Says image not found.

I use 3M Vetrap on handles. Easily replaced and does not stick to your hands.

Back
Top Bottom