Equinox series weighting

NJDiver

Does anyone know if there are premade counter balances for the Equinox series, or a write up anywhere of DIY ones? I find it to be very nose heavy with the 11" coil. It ends up very uncomfortable after 30 minutes or so. Love the Nox 800, but not the weighting.

NJDiver -- I'm glad to try and help! Just let me know if you'd like any info!

(Thanks, Stiffwrists!)

Steve

before you buy a different shaft, I would suggest shortening your lower shaft by one hole and try hunting with it. I went from a F75 to the EQ800 and had the same issue as I was used hunting on that machine with the coil further out.
It worked for me and only took a few minutes to get used to it.

Here is my solution. A few zip ties to attach my Garrett pro-pointer holster to the arm cuff. Adds just the right amount of weight to make a difference for me.

Attachments

• Nox counter balance turned.jpg
    Nox counter balance turned.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 629
Nice job rigging that up, MTtrashdigger! Way to "kill two birds with one stone!" While a Pro-pointer is pretty light, sometimes that's all the counterweight that is needed, to make a substantial difference! And in your case, it sounds like that's the right amount of weight -- NICE JOB!

Steve

re -balanced

Mine using a plugger strait cf shaft , and steves lower cf rod, my 800 was top heavy , difference is the plugger rod has three mounting position holes , i used the one furthest forward problem solved . End result basically it moved the handle forward a couple inches , on the stock shaft only one position hole for the handle , everything is now carbon fiber , nice set up.

Attachments

• P1000982.JPG
    P1000982.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 578
Back
Top Bottom