• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Lost civil war treasure / FBI recovery ?

"They’d hoped to work with the agency to unearth the buried loot, and secure a finder’s fee in the process.":laughing:Sure, that sounds like a plan!:laughing:

first things first...if there ever was any gold ..exspecially in the amounts that some claim..why isnt there any record of it ever being there or missing..secondly there was named individuals who supposedly accompanied siad wagon...once again no evidence that those people ever existed on any payroll. Finders Keepers got their info from a source who is/was known as a folk lore story teller. I know a person who specializes in lost treasures and he checked the congressional library and couldnt find any information on the lost gold or personel associated with it.yes someone could have robbed a stage coach or train and burried it near Dent's Run.and native americans..indians ..were known to of habited the area but as far as wagon load of gold..i doubt it...this particular group has claimed to of found other treasures but no one has ever seen proof either in person or photos of anything treasure wise that they claim to have found.

OMG ! How did I miss this thread when it first came out ?

Guys, this clown "finders keepers" hasn't "found" a single red cent. He has a twisted sense of the past-tense-word "found". To his way of thinking, if he chases a ghost-story-camp-fire legend, pulls out a dowsing rod, and the rod points to a certain valley, or cave, or swamp, then PRESTO : He's "found" (past tense) a treasure. Now it's merely a matter of government paperwork to drain the swamp, pinpoint the exact spot, iron-out taxes and finders fees, etc.... BUT REST ASSURED : He's FOUND (past tense) a "treasure". Right ?

And he spends years running around to all sorts of govt. offices, and seeking media attention tooting-his-horn, etc.... All the while using the past tense usage of the word "found", even though he's never seen a single cent ! But utterly convinced that it's *most certainly* in some location, *if only* he could get through govt. red tape.

So it would be like if I ran around to LEO agencies and govt. agencies, telling them I knew where murder victim bodies were buried. And FINALLY I get some agency to come out and dig where I told them. And they dig and dig and say "we haven't found any bodies". Then I can hatch a giant conspiracy , run around and seek all sorts of media publicity, about how there's a "hush job" and "conspiracy", blah blah.

And the more that the govt. insists "there was no treasure there", is ALL THE MORE PROOF of a conspiracy and coverup. Eh ?

GUYS ! FK hasn't found ANYTHING ! There IS NO TREASURE ! He's nuts ! And this has caused a few people to get banned from T'net, where , sadly, a moderator there is friends with the FK dude, and thus disallows any skepticism on the subject. Sad. And FK is a real black eye for the md'ing community.

Sorry, I had to rant !

That has to be one of the most poorly written articles I've ever read. EVER !

I know. It's as if the writer doesn't even have command of the English language. What the heck news-source is "Gruntstuff" ? Must be Some penny rag newspaper from India ? No doubt more sources that FK had to resort to, because reputable news sources are not interested in his fantasy any longer .

first things first...if there ever was any gold ..exspecially in the amounts that some claim..why isnt there any record of it ever being there or missing..secondly there was named individuals who supposedly accompanied siad wagon...once again no evidence that those people ever existed on any payroll. Finders Keepers got their info from a source who is/was known as a folk lore story teller. I know a person who specializes in lost treasures and he checked the congressional library and couldnt find any information on the lost gold or personel associated with it.yes someone could have robbed a stage coach or train and burried it near Dent's Run.and native americans..indians ..were known to of habited the area but as far as wagon load of gold..i doubt it...this particular group has claimed to of found other treasures but no one has ever seen proof either in person or photos of anything treasure wise that they claim to have found.
Not just missing from payroll records... missing from all army records, all newspapers, all birth and death records...

Not just missing from payroll records... missing from all army records, all newspapers, all birth and death records...

Ah, but don't you realize ? Rather than this being proof of "no treasure", it's actually just "proof of the coverup conspiracy". The secret cabal of sinister men, stand around in trench coats and dark sun-glasses, scheming way to steal treasures from FK ! That's the ticket ! :laughing:

David, where are you coming up with these news sources ? Are they ones that FK himself trots out to the public ? Or are you searching for (googling) and finding these ? I have a suspicion that FK is soliciting (beating drums and begging for media attention), and found these spurious non-reputable outlets to spew his story.

According to wiki, this "Daily Mail" rag, is sort of on-par with something akin to the National Enquirer. Ie.: Not reputable. Here's the quote from wiki:

" ....The Daily Mail has been noted for its unreliability and widely criticised for its printing of sensationalist and inaccurate scare stories of science and ....."

As for "Ancient Origins": Same accusation, according to this website : https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/ancient-origins/

Overall, we rate Ancient Origins a moderate conspiracy and pseudoscience source based on the promotion of ancient aliens. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting as they also publish credible pro-science information.

Back
Top Bottom