Teknetics G2+

dbowling

just ordered a new g2+ from Bart at BBH hopefully will be here in a few days.. everything Ive read abut and seen on them has been good feel free to add your opinions and thoughts. Ive got the Anfibio, Nox 800, Teknetics 8000 etc. In all honesty I like the Teknetics machines the best,Nox is great but the tones get on my nerves after awhile.
I do love my Anfibios to.

Last edited:
Depending on the coil that it comes with (my favorite was the 10X5 elliptical) the 19kHz Teknetics G2+/Fisher F19/Bounty Hunter Time Ranger Pro series are very stable, almost EMI proof detectors that have one of the best threshold based all metal modes still available. The 11x7" DD coil was my least favorite on this detector due to it letting in more EMI and not being as good at target separation at trashier sites. There are tons of available aftermarket DD coils for these detectors too.

It will be a lot like your Anfibio but much more stable.

Ive got the 13 in MGS magic coil on my 8000 will probably put it on the g2.
Also it came with the 11 in DD coil.
If similar to Anfibios will really like it, especially if more stable.

Tek Omega DD coils are interchangeable with the G2+. The 11X7 DD is a good coil for general detecting and for depth in areas where targets aren't too close together.

I haven't had the G2+ but I have had the same-circuitry F-19's. Personally I never cared for the 11" BiAxial coil (7X110 and found the 5X9½" DD Sharpshooter from NEL to work well, but spent most time using the 5" DD in the very dense iron debris sites I hunted the most then.

I had the F-19's but for me they just didn't provide the performance I wanted in the terribly littered ghost towns I worked. Honestly, my Tesoro Bandido II µMAX, Nokta FORS CoRe, FORS Relic and Simplex, plus the Impact and Anfibio I had, and my Garrett Apex devices worked better for me and my needs.

I think you'll learn what it offers and how it works for you and where you hunt.

Monte

G2+ is a excellent machine, fast,light and we'll balanced. Visual ID is spot on to the edge of detection. That notch feature is cool,there's a video on YouTube for a coin program,to just keep nickels and zinc and up in,,I used it and it's very cool. I'm getting ready to list some coils for that machine if your still looking for any.

I love my G2+, I use the White 5x10” coil exclusively on mine. I’ve hunted super trashy sites with my NOX 600 and after I thought I found it all, I switched to the G2+ and the site came alive! It was incredible, it’s a superior machine for sites filled with iron and trash and the separation is unbelievable!

If looking at Technetics, also look at Fisher. The companies are owned by the same people and the machines are close cousins. One version may come with the coil that you want.
The Fisher F-19 comes to mind.

Back
Top Bottom