New from TX

JPTX

I just signed up the other day. I live south of San Antonio, TX and many years ago had a whites XLT. Work prevented me from ever enjoying it so I eventually sold it. Last month however while on a two week vacation driving through the western US, we came across a guy using a CTX3030 on a beach in OR. My 9 year old son wanted to know what he was doing so we went over and talked to him. Fortunately, the older gentleman had a genuine personality and explained things patiently to my son and even handed him one of his earlier finds a wheat penny. Well, that was it, my son was hooked and babbled on about wanting a metal detector the rest of the trip. He had been saving his birthday money for something he really wanted. When we arrived home, he cleaned the house, took out the trash and even attempted making breakfast all for a little extra allowance. He had saved up about $235 and I hadn't really given him a good B-day present because I had been working in Peru during his birthday. So, I brought him over to sit next to me on the computer and we researched current detectors in his price range. What he didn't know was I was going to kick in a little extra and get him the next model up for whatever he picked. He settled on the Garrett 300 so I kicked in a few extra dollars and bought him the Garrett 400. When he got it yesterday you'd think he'd won the lottery. UPS didn't arrive until after dark and I had to work midnights so he sat there staring at all of it's yellow goodness for a couple of hours dreaming how he'd give his momma the first gold ring he'd find and how he'd buy me a detector with his spoils so I could hunt with him telling me, "Dad, you need to look on that website and decide which one you want so I can get you one when I find gold" . Looks like my weekend is planned out for me :)....Gotta love kids.

That's awesome Superdad! :neo: That boy is going to enjoy the ACE 400

Welcome to the FMDF from N Florida! :grin:

Welcome form FL JP. What a great way to introduce you and your son. It sounds like you have a great relationship with your son. Keep us informed on the gold finds. Your son will have you out hunting with him soon. Good hunting.

That's awesome Superdad! :neo: That boy is going to enjoy the ACE 400

Welcome to the FMDF from N Florida! :grin:

Thank you sir, I hope he does..

Welcome form FL JP. What a great way to introduce you and your son. It sounds like you have a great relationship with your son. Keep us informed on the gold finds. Your son will have you out hunting with him soon. Good hunting.
Yep, he's my buddy. Thanks..looking forward to some experiences with him.

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

That is great !

Here is part 1 of a video they made that should be of help, there is at least a part 2 and 3 also.

Thank you for sharing an awesome story! Happy hunting and good luck to you and your son. I hope many fun hours of detecting and bonding are ahead.

Welcome from Waco....You've got to love when the kids want to spend time with you. My 7 year old seems more devoted to MDing than I am.

That's totally awesome, dad of the year award! Get yourself one for sure and spend some super quality time together! Welcome aboard!

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

That is great !

Here is part 1 of a video they made that should be of help, there is at least a part 2 and 3 also.

Thanks..you videos were part of the reason, we chose this detector, thanks.

Welcome from SE Texas
Thanks..

Welcome from North Central Texas.
Thank you Uncle Buck..I grew up in Arlington.

Welcome and HH from West Michigan, formerly from South Texas,
Thank you my boy is BuscaOro lol

Hi and welcome from Oklahoma.
Thank you!

Hello and welcome from Middle Tennessee!
Thank you Woody

Welcome to the forum from Western NY

:fmdfwelcome:
Thanks Walker

Thank you for sharing an awesome story! Happy hunting and good luck to you and your son. I hope many fun hours of detecting and bonding are ahead.

Thank you, I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Your son must think you are his hero...WTG Dad!
Thanks sir..sometimes he does :)

Welcome from Waco....You've got to love when the kids want to spend time with you. My 7 year old seems more devoted to MDing than I am.
Thanks! awesome isn't it? I hope my boy stays with it.

That's totally awesome, dad of the year award! Get yourself one for sure and spend some super quality time together! Welcome aboard!

Thank you, I may have to sell some things and get myself one but I'll wait until he's comfortable with it. He had some issues walking and swinging it today. A little frustration but we found several modern coins, did a lot of digging and he seemed really excited. We're going again this weekend when I get some time off work. If he really likes it, I'll be looking for one too. Anything to spend bonding time with my runt :)

You're a great dad! Take that boy out and find some treasure! I just love your sons enthusiasm. May want to get him a pinpointer down the line. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom