My neighborhood continues to give up the goods...first gold and more silver.

Waveoff

Elite Member
I've been making some trips lately to detect what I thought would be excellent spots to detect. I drove an hour the other day to an 1870's school house permission that I thought would yield some goodies but I got skunked. I figured I would turn my attention back to my own neighborhood built in the 1950's since I've had most of my best finds here so far. Today did not disappoint. I was in my neighbor's yard and dug up a sterling class ring (no name inside). The very next target I hit was a shiny gold object. I thought it was costume jewelry but when I cleaned the dirt off I saw "585" stamped inside. It's only a small 1.9 gram squished ring but it's still gold. :)

I also hit a thrift shop yesterday and found a 14k/sterling ring and a small sterling necklace. After my half off discount it came to $5.

nvTJBav.jpg

9jdCDYW.jpg

bK03EGw.jpg

oL4mZTe.jpg

The thrift store finds...

yfGxzsQ.jpg

z4rJpRG.jpg

Congrats on the sterling school ring and the 14K snake ring...sucks that it's crushed and missing the stone but you had a excellent hunt!

Wow those are absolutely fantastic finds for the dirt, congrats!

Thanks! I'm going to ask my neighbor when I see him if he knows of anyone who lost a class ring or any jewelry. I'd like to return the items if I can if someone is missing them.

Sweet finds there! Is the necklace pendent gold?

That thrift ring is awesome!

Thanks! The pendant and pearl are not real as far as I know. I kind of like the ring though and might keep it.

Congrats on the sterling school ring and the 14K snake ring...sucks that it's crushed and missing the stone but you had a excellent hunt!

Thank you. I actually went back to the plug later in the day and sifted through the dirt looking for a stone. No luck though.

Nice finds! Cool class ring, any idea of how old? Looks like Montour H S ? Congrats on the gold. Still looking for my first this year. HH M ark

Great neighborhood!

I can't wait to hit more yards in my neighborhood to see what else I might find!

Congratulations on your first gold Waveoff and some fine hunting on all counts!

Thank you!

Nice finds! Cool class ring, any idea of how old? Looks like Montour H S ? Congrats on the gold. Still looking for my first this year. HH M ark

Thanks! I'm not sure on the age of the ring. It's very small and doesn't even fit halfway down my pinky. I'm thinking it's from Moon HS since I live in that school district but it could be Montour since that's nearby as well.

Back
Top Bottom