If You Use Photobucket To Post Pics, It's Soon Going To Cost $399.00

Morning Ron.

From what I understand we are limited to the numbers of photographs (memory size) that we can have at anyone time on the forum?

Once we reach our limit we have to delete 'X' numbers of photographs so we can submit more photographs.

I tend to post a lot of photographs on the forum so using a third part site makes life a lot easier for me.........Doug.

Doug,

I will make sure Vlad sees this post as I am not sure about that aspect of photo storage on his server. I know individual photos are limited in size.

Yes, this PhotoBucket thing really SUCKS and has messed up many threads here!:mad:

But, you can upload your pictures direct to the Forum w/o using using a 3rd Party hosting site.

Doug,

I will make sure Vlad sees this post as I am not sure about that aspect of photo storage on his server. I know individual photos are limited in size.

Afternoon Ron,

Under my CP (control panel) I can see just how much I have used using the forum for posting photographs.

Sometimes I can't post anymore without deleting old(er) photographs.

Last edited:
hmmm. sounds like they gonna lose some money..... I'd never pay for anything like that. I just load my phone pictures to compputer offline then upload to this site.... waste of my time and to think they are tracking my free photobucket and what Im doing to it.... seems like this sht company is spying on us for a price.... Photo bucket has become an institution......:D

Morning Ron.

From what I understand we are limited to the numbers of photographs (memory size) that we can have at anyone time on the forum?

Once we reach our limit we have to delete 'X' numbers of photographs so we can submit more photographs.

I tend to post a lot of photographs on the forum so using a third part site makes life a lot easier for me.........Doug.

Doug.. each member is allowed 1000 pictures in their albums... the forum resizes them to 800x600.... you have no where those totals unless I am missing something.

Doug.. each member is allowed 1000 pictures in their albums... the forum resizes them to 800x600.... you have no where those totals unless I am missing something.

No I don't understand either Craig.

When I look at my attachment file in my 'Control Panel' the bottom 3 attachments I have no way of deleting them?

So I'm not sure if they contribute too my overall memory count?

I think I may have solved it, the 3 which I can't delete, see below there is 3000+ photographs within them.

This is one of the three I am unable to delete in my user panel? Posted 12/13/13

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=174454

I participate in a few gun forums and a higher resolution photo is many times necessary. Anyway, once I got several emails from them I deleted every single photo on my Photobucket. There are other options.

The albums have a limit of of 1000 pictures.
Attachments in threads/posts have no limit as far as I can tell.

Another new Postimage.org user here. I would like to publicly state what Phonybucket can do with their BS, but.....well, you know :D

The biggest tragedy in all of it...

Many members have used it to chronicle their detecting history/career, and now all those posts are just story, and without the pictures, sometimes all meaning/content is lost ..

An example..

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=173349

That WAS a cool thread, now junk...

And nobody is going to go back and rewrite and repost all that type of stuff...

<°)))>{

The albums have a limit of of 1000 pictures.
Attachments in threads/posts have no limit as far as I can tell.

Evening Vlad,

There is a limit on the number of photographs I can attach to a post using the forum.

In a previous post I have stated that I have had to remove photographs to free up memory so I can post more photographs.

At the moment I have set against me over 3000+ photographs using 98.7 KB's which I'm not the OP to those posts, all I have done is post a photograph onto the OP post 3 times.

Since I queried why I could not delete those posts with the 3000+ photographs using a 'check box' to delete them like I can my own I now see there is a 'check box' alongside those 3 posts?

I still think I was limited to a small number of photographs I could post myself is because I was carrying 3000+ photographs from other forum members memory wise?

Doug.

The biggest tragedy in all of it...

Many members have used it to chronicle their detecting history/career, and now all those posts are just story, and without the pictures, sometimes all meaning/content is lost ..

An example..

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=173349

That WAS a cool thread, now junk...

And nobody is going to go back and rewrite and repost all that type of stuff...

<°)))>{

Yeah Ice, this is a real tragedy to loose those all those great pictures! That is PB's issue though, not FMDF. For me, I am really going to miss being able to go back to many of these older threads!

Yeah Ice, this is a real tragedy to loose those all those great pictures! That is PB's issue though, not FMDF. For me, I am really going to miss being able to go back to many of these older threads!

I totally agree, FMDF, has nothing to do with it.. Just think how much is out there is now wrecked, across every hobby, interest, how to, pets, everything really.. It hit the fishing forums the same..

Thing is that, sometimes it was easier to upload to photo bucket once, and grab the image link for later.. Opposed to uploading the same photo to similar threads later on..

It was mentioned that PB, would be better off going for funds from forums. Then if needed, the users could pony up towards it.. But at $400 for everyone, aint going to happen..

<°)))>{

I'm not sure, but I think everyone needs to download the fix to see them.
I've only just come across this myself.

Back
Top Bottom