What is the Holy Grail find for you

1. After digging hundreds of mason jar lids at home sites, I really want to pull one up that has intact glass full of key-date silvers.
2. Anything Colonial or older.
3. Large Cent
4. Siver 3 cent
5. Seated quarter or half(already have 3 dimes)

I guess I have more of a list instead of one find.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Any US large Cent as my realistic grail. Any US silver dollar as my unrealistic grail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I found a gold coin I'd probably have a stroke. Just to keep my dreams possibly within reach I'd be happy for a Buff or SLQ. Both of them keep eluding me in the dirt.

When I was the President of our local club, I used to bury gold colored foreign coins in local parks to keep things interesting.

Gold coins? Bah. I pull those out of the coin star all of the time...

Seriously though,

I am really, really wanting to find A Willow, A Pine, and Oak Tree shillings. If I find even of those and never see a gold coin, I consider my detecting career to be a success.

I knew a lady coin dealer that found a Pine Tree shilling in a batch of foreign coins that she had bought for next to nothing.

If I could only get that lucky - and no doubt the one she found didn't have the environmental damage any coin I found would.

She was a nice old lady. She had been a coin dealer for years. I got to be friends with her while I was doing Silversmithing. She used to give me no date buffalo nickels to make jewelry with. She had me put '43 pennies in folders for her to sell. I know she had the coin in her shop for over $2,000 if I remember right. Not everyone would recognize it when in a bunch of foreign coins.

Here is an unusual answer.

I have found a gold coin 1893cc eagle

A large diamond ring. Worth over 14 grand

A 1914D penny in pristine shape.

Want to find:

A Lewis or Thompson machine gun.

Back
Top Bottom