CT/Mass Friendly Forum Member Hunt

Charles Island

Hi Guys.

I was reading all of the posts. What about a group hunt @ Charles Island? Unless someone has a boat to ferry everyone back & forth you can still hike over there @ low tide. Also PLENTY of Parking. Only thing I know the island inner part is off limits part of the year for piping plovers.

I was out there as a kid & there are LOTS of ruins. Found the corner stone to the former hotel, well, cisterns, old building structers. Perhaps someone may actually hit Capt. Kidds Treasure (LOL)

Hi Guys.

I was reading all of the posts. What about a group hunt @ Charles Island? Unless someone has a boat to ferry everyone back & forth you can still hike over there @ low tide. Also PLENTY of Parking. Only thing I know the island inner part is off limits part of the year for piping plovers.

I was out there as a kid & there are LOTS of ruins. Found the corner stone to the former hotel, well, cisterns, old building structers. Perhaps someone may actually hit Capt. Kidds Treasure (LOL)

Charles Island is off limits except to the high tide mark... its a bird sanctuary now...

During the summer season, the interior of the island is closed to visitors because of nesting birds. Venturing past the warning signs is a violation of State and Federal laws.

Oh well I guess thats that. I had no idea that was now the law. Lots of changes since I was last out there (about 20 years ago).

Other than the piping plovers I'm not sure what other birds would need to be protected out there. The seagulls really made a mess of things, very dirty.

Too bad, was really nice to walk on the trails and see all of the ruins. Would make a nice Eagle Scout project to blaze some trails.

Either way If theres a hunt thats gonna happen I'm intrested to meet you all.

i would be very interested in a group hunt. any weather any time

I would be up for it! A newbie here would love to soak up all the knowledge.

April sounds good. I have a house in Old Saybrook CT. I mostly use during the warmer months.

have you folks decided on a hunt spot yet? I would like to meet some of my fellow MD'rs from the area. (that I don't already know) Cladius.

I still would like to do a local CT hunt.. Organizing one I found is very diffucult.. Anyone who has any suggestions or want to help organize something please PM me. I think a central CT park is good option.. Hope to hear any ideas..

A central Connecticut hunt would be great! I only wish I could offer up a place. Keep us informed!

Back
Top Bottom