Great Hunt w/ Great Partner**SILVER & MORE

jerr-man

Forum Supporter
It has been quite awhile since I posted but thought this hunt warranted it. I had the extreme please and honor to spend the day and hunt with George (KG) Wyant yesterday. I had met KG a short time ago and invited him down for a hunt. We visited an old fairgrounds I had permission on, about 20 acres. It was HOT HOT HOT, about 90 degrees but we had HIGH HOPES. We arrived at the site around 8:30 and within 15 minutes I had found the 1892 IHP. Wahoo, on the board. Then I found a couple bale seals. I went about an 1 1/2 hours digging trash , head stamps, 25-06 shell casing, nothing great. My grandson had headed in a different direction so I went to find him. As I climbed out of a ravine the 3030 went off like an alarm clock. Loud, clear, distinct 12/45 about 7" down. Ground was like cement as we haven't had any rain in awhile but that signal is a silver quarter signal if ever I heard one. Sure enough, about 7" down, I see the shiny, a 1899 Barber Quarter. Probably the best Barber quarter I have ever found. This coin is pristine. Had to have been lost in 1899. WAHOOO!!!!!, I mean really WAHOOOOOOO! Been awhile since I found a Barber quarter. I was thinking are you kidding me, I am getting to hunt with KG AND I find a great Barber coin. PINCH me, I must be dreaming. Went about another hour and got a solid 12/13 from every direction. I am thinking a nickel, maybe a BUFF. About 4" down I find the 1898 "V" nickel. The composition of those coins don't fair well in the soil around here but this once came out in pretty nice shape. WOW !! Did I mention it was HOT? We took a short break to take the grandson home, got a little liquid and food and we were back at it. In the next couple hours KG ended up finding IHP, Merc, Wheaties, Ring and some current coins, so he is happy. We had been hunting about 6 hours and its starting to take its toll on me so I start working my way back towards the truck. Get a strong 12/43 signal, about 6" down , sure enough a very nice 1929 MERC! What a day !! Great HUNT, GREAT HUNTING PARTNER, doesn't get any better then this. I have to mention what a Great guy KG is. He is just "one of the guys", and a very good AMBASSADOR for our hobby. It was a honor to hunt with him. PLUS he brought the NEW Garrett APEX with him so I got to see it in action. Looks like this is going to be a very nice machine. THANKS KG!
I hunted the 3030 in Coins/Ground Coin/ +3 / Fast On / Deep On. AS ALWAYS, the 3030 did not disappoint. Good Luck and Happy Hunting.

Attachments

• DSC02598.JPG
    DSC02598.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 715
  • DSC02599.JPG
    DSC02599.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 622
  • DSC02600.JPG
    DSC02600.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 577
It has been quite awhile since I posted but thought this hunt warranted it. I had the extreme please and honor to spend the day and hunt with George (KG) Wyant yesterday. I had met KG a short time ago and invited him down for a hunt. We visited an old fairgrounds I had permission on, about 20 acres. It was HOT HOT HOT, about 90 degrees but we had HIGH HOPES...........

Nice digs. That Barber quarter is a looker!

good show. That barber quarter is sweet, and I like the green IH !

Nice digs. That Barber quarter is a looker!
I was very pleased when I seen it in the dirt. Thank You

Congrats on the fine collection of finds! That Barber looks like it was minted the day before you found it.
I know right. BEST barber quarter I have ever found. Thank You

good show. That barber quarter is sweet, and I like the green IH !
Thanks Tom, all the IH and older wheaties come out of the ground like that around here. A nice green patina

You are officially DA MAN Jerry! That’s a nice hunt, and having company makes it all that much better! This heat is getting to be a little oppressive but that doesn’t stop the die hards, we get ‘er done! Better make sure you have the GoPro going so you have footage for a new season of Doggers. Or was it Daggers? Duggers? Hell, I forget...:lol:

That's a great looking barber quarter. Congrats on the finds.
Thanks Jam, I am still amazed how a coin that old, buried in the ground can be in that fine of shape.

Great hunt! Congrats!
Thanks METALMANIAC, Great hunt for me.

You are officially DA MAN Jerry! That’s a nice hunt, and having company makes it all that much better! This heat is getting to be a little oppressive but that doesn’t stop the die hards, we get ‘er done! Better make sure you have the GoPro going so you have footage for a new season of Doggers. Or was it Daggers? Duggers? Hell, I forget...:lol:
LOL IDX, I dont know about all that but was a hunt I will never forget !!!

Man, hunting with KG or Ringy would be my dream. I love their show. That barbie is amazing!

WOW !!!! That was a great day !!
I'd say that's the sweetest lookin Barber I've ever seen.
I'd love to see a close up shot of the back of that baby.....theres some serious detail on there from what I can see.......

Back
Top Bottom