• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

6 Silver hunt and a Good Luck Charm

jack&jill

Elite Member
Got out with another hunt with Dewsweeper. This is the 4th outing that I've been able to hunt with him this year. We again went back to the town where I grew up like the three previous hunts. I swear this man is my good luck charm as I have had all my best hunts this year with him. The 4 outings have produced 19 of my 42 Silver coins and both the Sterling items I have recovered this year. On this hunt I dug a War Nickel, a Merc, Rosie and 2 Washington's. The 6th was my first ever Silver Spoon Bowl. The hunt also provided a 9 coin spill that included 8 Wheat's and a Buffalo Nickel. Interesting thing is the newest coin in the spill was a 1939 cent. I hope that time will allow a few more outings with Brad yet this year. A note as I took a little more time with the pictures in this thread as I had been getting a bit lacking in my efforts. Even took a few shots of coins after I cleaned them, hope you enjoy. Anyway on to the next. Trapper

Attachments

• 8-27-22 .jpg
    8-27-22 .jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 518
  • 8-27-22 1 .jpg
    8-27-22 1 .jpg
    104 KB · Views: 518
  • 8-27-22 2 .jpg
    8-27-22 2 .jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 522
  • 8-27-22 3 .jpg
    8-27-22 3 .jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 515
  • 8-27-22 4 .jpg
    8-27-22 4 .jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 507
  • 8-27-22 5 .jpg
    8-27-22 5 .jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 513
  • 8-27-22 7 .jpg
    8-27-22 7 .jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 512
  • 8-27-22 6 .jpg
    8-27-22 6 .jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 526
  • 8-27-22 8 .jpg
    8-27-22 8 .jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 513
  • 8-27-22 9 .jpg
    8-27-22 9 .jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 515
  • 8-27-22 10 .jpg
    8-27-22 10 .jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 509
Got out with another hunt with Dewsweeper. This is the 4th outing that I've been able to hunt with him this year. We again went back to the town where I grew up like the three previous hunts. I swear this man is my good luck charm as I have had all my best hunts this year with him. The 4 outings have produced 19 of my 42 Silver coins and both the Sterling items I have recovered this year. On this hunt I dug a War Nickel, a Merc, Rosie and 2 Washington's. The 6th was my first ever Silver Spoon Bowl. The hunt also provided a 9 coin spill that included 8 Wheat's and a Buffalo Nickel. Interesting thing is the newest coin in the spill was a 1939 cent. I hope that time will allow a few more outings with Brad yet this year. A note as I took a little more time with the pictures in this thread as I had been getting a bit lacking in my efforts. Even took a few shots of coins after I cleaned them, hope you enjoy. Anyway on to the next. Trapper

Overdue and well deserved my friend. Congrats on the 6 silver outing. Good to see you getting out and finding shiny. Sounds like hunting with Dew and that town is a good combination. I managed to stumble out of my slump but its been a dime here or two there. I've had several old permissions but just little or no luck on silver. Good luck and I hope you guys can make it back to that town a few more times this year. Mark

Wow Trapper, two silver Washingtons too! Like the silver spoon piece. You have done well in those remembered locations. Like the pics, they’re sharp, especially that buff. Congrats on a 6 silver hunt, amazing!

Congrats on such a great hunt! Perhaps Brad should start his own Metal Detecting Guide/Good Luck Charm service:D

Trapper, great job as you never cease to amaze me with variety and amount of silvers you consistently recover. And then to throw in a partial sterling spoon for good measure too. Congrats on all accounts and look forward to your next silver thread! John

That’s a lot of silver. Keep it up! And keep posting them.
I have been blessed to have some Silver opportunities under my coil. Now I need a lot more time for me to take advantage of those opportunities. If that happens I'll keep posting them.
Very nice Trapper! A 6 Silver Hunt does not come around too often anymore, great recoveries!
It sure has not been the norm at least for me lately David. Now if I can convince Dew's to be at my side I think it could happen again. I have had some pretty great outings with his presence over the years
Overdue and well deserved my friend. Congrats on the 6 silver outing. Good to see you getting out and finding shiny. Sounds like hunting with Dew's and that town is a good combination. I managed to stumble out of my slump but its been a dime here or two there. I've had several old permissions but just little or no luck on silver. Good luck and I hope you guys can make it back to that town a few more times this year. Mark
Appreciate your reply Mark, thank you. I have had my best two hunts (9 Silvers and this one) this year hunting with Brad as my sidekick. Sharing the outings with him just make them better. Its odd but I went into my slump between those outings. So I'm hoping to get out with him a couple more times before the snow flies again. Trapper

Wow Trapper, two silver Washingtons too! Like the silver spoon piece. You have done well in those remembered locations. Like the pics, they’re sharp, especially that buff. Congrats on a 6 silver hunt, amazing!
Thank you Jeff for you very kind words. Really appreciate the comments on the pics. I had been getting a bit lazy in my recent posts. That buffalo shows well as it was somewhat sandwiched with Wheat's on each side in a 9 coin spill. The Spoon Bowl is a Silver first for me, I think it was a soup spoon as the bowl is pretty deep. The sites we hunt are from my childhood and its been pleasant just going back. The finds are real bonuses.
Congrats on such a great hunt! Perhaps Brad should start his own Metal Detecting Guide/Good Luck Charm service:D
Thank you for the reply. Over the years I have been hosted by Brad many times. He has been a great host and has put me on Silver in every site he has put me on. These recent outings we have hunted are from my childhood so I'd like to say I was a great host but while he has done okay I cannot say I was the great host he has been.
6 silver day doesn't come that often amigo Jack! Congratulations my friend!
Appreciate your reply Jose. True words for sure as 6 Silver outings are not the norm. Guess Brad (Dewsweeper) brings out my best. Over the years I have had some pretty great outings with him as a sidekick. Trapper

Howdy!
Damm Trapper you have been wrecking it lately!
HH!
Tom
Appreciate your reply Tom, thank you. After a 6 week dry spell things have gotten a bit better. The hunts with Dew's has helped.
Trapper, great job as you never cease to amaze me with variety and amount of silvers you consistently recover. And then to throw in a partial sterling spoon for good measure too. Congrats on all accounts and look forward to your next silver thread! John
Thank you John for all the kind words. The Sterling Spoon Bowl was a surprise, I searched the area heavily for the rest but without success. Still it was my favorite on this outing. Will be posting another thread soon as I have had some success in my last hunts.
Congrats on your fantastic hunt Trapper !
Thank you Doc. It was a pretty good day for sure made even better being shared with Dew's. Trapper

Good hunting Trapper, hope it keeps up for you
Thank you Liam for your reply. Things have been a lot better of late and a hunt is being planned for Sat. with Dew's. So things look pretty good for the near future.
Most Excellent hunt👍
Appreciate your kind words Metal, thank you. Reflecting on the hunt, it was a pretty good day.
Nice outing Trapper!
Please say hi to Dews for me the next time you see him
Thank you Matt for your comments. I will pass on your greetings to Brad this Saturday if our hunt comes to be. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom