dreadpiratebob

Just purchased my first detector, a Fisher F22. Introductory, to see if the magic is out there. I'll do the right thing and read up on the machine, and make sure I follow all the procedures that will ensure honorable and worthy detecting.

I am not dreadful, nor a pirate, but what the heck.

Welcome from Winnsboro, South Carolina !!!!!

Not personally familiar with the Fisher F22 myself, but maybe some members who are will offer some tips or reviews related to that detector.

Gary mds5.gif

Welcome aboard Bob, where are you from? I started with a Fisher F22 back in September of 2018. It's a nice machine for finding coins and jewelry. It'll consistently find anything 3-4 inches deep and the small tear-drop shaped coil handles trashy areas like parks and ballfields well. That is what I mainly used it for, hunting clad and jewelry in local parks and ballfields.

A year ago at this time, I graduated to the Minelab Equinox 600 so I could consistenly go deeper and look for older coins and relics. The Equinox has not disappointed.

My two pieces of advice for a newby, 1) do your research; read this site religiously, read other books/articles, watch youtube videos of detectorists to learn tips/tricks/technique AND 2) metal detecting is just like the real estate business, it's all about location, location, location. Do your research to find out where the best places are to find exactly what your hunting for.

Thanks

Thanks for the warm welcomes and tips. I am from Fort Bragg, California. Looking forward to sharing all my golden treasure discoveries. HAHAHAHAHA! Just kidding.

My first detector was the Fisher F22 just roughly 7 months ago but have upgraded since. I love the Fisher F22, I'm sure you will also. That machine will certainly find coins. You're gonna love it

Back
Top Bottom