Hello From S.E. Louisiana

Smurfe

Hello from the Deep South. I live in Southeast Louisiana right outside of Baton Rouge toward New Orleans. I have been wanting to get into metal detecting for years. I finally broke down and ordered a detector and am anxiously awaiting its arrival. I hope to learn a lot here and hopefully find some locals to give me a hand on the ins and outs of detecting.

:fmdfwelcome: Thanks for joining us!

Enjoy your new hobby! If possible, it's a good idea to practice detecting in your own yard. This will help you become acquainted with your detector, as well as give you experience in digging & replacing nice, neat plugs (holes) - which is pretty important. Plus, you never know what interesting metal objects are hiding beneath your turf! :yes:

:fmdfwelcome: Thanks for joining us!

Enjoy your new hobby! If possible, it's a good idea to practice detecting in your own yard. This will help you become acquainted with your detector, as well as give you experience in digging & replacing nice, neat plugs (holes) - which is pretty important. Plus, you never know what interesting metal objects are hiding beneath your turf! :yes:

Oh, I do plan on trying it out on my lawn first. Thank you so much. My house isn't that old but you never know what might be there from before there was development.

Welcome from Winnsboro, South Carolina !!!!

.....some people might be surprised what they might find in their own yard !

Gary mds5.gif

Welcome from Winnsboro, South Carolina !!!!

.....some people might be surprised what they might find in their own yard !

View attachment 485637

True, although I live in a small subdivision, I am the second house off of a highway that was one of the main roads in the area 100 years ago. Our subdivision is maybe 13 years old and it was a large field prior to that. I live in a Southeast Louisiana town that is very close to the Mississippi River and there was a lot of plantations and Civil War activity in the area. There is a bayou on the backside of our subdivision that I hope I am able to search along the banks soon.

Welcome Smurfe.
I'm also from South La., the town of Houma. I only been seriously detecting since the first of the year. I've learned a lot from the different forums especially those based in South La. There are a couple of clubs near you based in Baton Rough and Lafayette. The nicest coin I've found out of the 800 plus was from my yard. It's a 1925 wheat penny with a beautiful green patina. Good luck hunting and my only advice to you is take your time, be patient and learn your machine well. It is a good one.

Welcome Smurfe.
I'm also from South La., the town of Houma. I only been seriously detecting since the first of the year. I've learned a lot from the different forums especially those based in South La. There are a couple of clubs near you based in Baton Rough and Lafayette. The nicest coin I've found out of the 800 plus was from my yard. It's a 1925 wheat penny with a beautiful green patina. Good luck hunting and my only advice to you is take your time, be patient and learn your machine well. It is a good one.

Nice to meet you. I am not too far from you. I live in Gonzales. What are some South Louisiana forums I can check out? I ran across a club list on another website but it appeared all of the clubs close to me must now be defunct.

Back
Top Bottom