Another yard partially tested

tnsharpshooter

Supporter
Forum Supporter
Surprising to see this many coins come out of this yard. I already busted hard with CTX, Etrac, Deus, and others. I haven’t hunted all the yard yet with this outfit. This yard deemed select digging only btw.
House built 1949.
Only second silver got there today ever. First time out in this yard with this outfit.
This yard ONLY hunted by me.
A good testing yard imo since it is controlled area.
And has areas polluted with some iron and modern trash.

I am having a ball.

Attachments

• F519BB83-3184-4D53-AEEB-13A725BAB51F.jpg
    F519BB83-3184-4D53-AEEB-13A725BAB51F.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 416
Nice finds! Are we not allowed to know what rig you are using? It sounds promising whatever it is[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Quite a few detectors in this yard. Some with small coils too.

What about the equinox though,or won't you name that machine specific like the deus,3030 etc?
I'm sure it's not just me wondering that question,and if your not testing a minelab then it shouldn't matter if you answer honestly.

What about the equinox though,or won't you name that machine specific like the deus,3030 etc?
I'm sure it's not just me wondering that question,and if your not testing a minelab then it shouldn't matter if you answer honestly.

Equinox had been in yard Woody.
Remember this yard all previous hunts - selective digging with all detectors used. Didn’t want to make this yard look like bunch of gophers been in. So a measure of target confidence needed before I would ever dig.

Deus was in there, no high freq coils though, just low freq coils (11” and 9”). I have never owned x35 coil for Deus.
Did got a loaner x35 coil and run for a little while. Gent sent me one to get a look see. I sent it back. This was back early on after release.

Equinox had been in yard Woody.
Remember this yard all previous hunts - selective digging with all detectors used. Didn’t want to make this yard look like bunch of gophers been in. So a measure of target confidence needed before I would ever dig.

Deus was in there, no high freq coils though, just low freq coils (11” and 9”). I have never owned x35 coil for Deus.

Thanks TN, everyone wanted to know I'm sure if the nox missed all those coins,not just me. There's a park I go to that alot of people go to,looks like swiss cheese.lol. so I know what you mean about select digging..
As for the x35 coil on deus,I wasn't impressed with it.Now,I'm a coin hunter but occasionally like to dig anything solid cause I like cool relics . But I saw absolutely no difference between the x35 and the LF coils for my deus. I prefer LF for that reason.
Looking forward to release of that machine,thanks

Thanks TN, everyone wanted to know I'm sure if the nox missed all those coins,not just me. There's a park I go to that alot of people go to,looks like swiss cheese.lol. so I know what you mean about select digging..
As for the x35 coil on deus,I wasn't impressed with it.Now,I'm a coin hunter but occasionally like to dig anything solid cause I like cool relics . But I saw absolutely no difference between the x35 and the LF coils for my deus. I prefer LF for that reason.
Looking forward to release of that machine,thanks

You are welcome Woody.
I can’t even say the previous used detectors missed these coins.
My hunch tells me though I found too many in the short time and small area I was in for something not have have happened.
Not a one off- I don’t think.
Naturally more areas (different) where I have detected previously will be detected. And see what happens.
See if trend continues.

Need to put the ole Tarsacci mdt8000 in some of these sites just to see what happens. Can be a pain to use it in modern trash though.

I can say this with near 100 percent certainty.
The silver dime I dug this morning. Due to landmark and my memory of the past detecting in the site. I heard this dime (target) with Etrac and or CTX. I wouldn’t dig though based on what I seen and or heard. This happened on at least 2 occasions in the past too. Crazy sounding maybe. But the truth.

Had this happen in another site years ago. But this was a signal I kept hearing with CTX. I wouldn’t dig. Again a landmark. After some 4 years of hearing this target. I used a Deus and finally dug it. Turns out it was a war nickel. All the CTX would do is ooh and awe over this target (nickel).

Probably crazy sounding for one to admit they can remember signals (potential targets) or actual what I call voo doo targets in a site. But when you rehunt sites many like I do, this can happen.

Can be very learning. And those ole Jesus moments finally happen.
Can tell one a detector weakness too. Or even another detectors strength.

Last edited:
Woody,
Let me lay something on you.
Some folks (the supposed more experienced detectorists) May try and get folks to believe it’s their experience solely that makes them the cut above.

My take is one key thing many of these experienced detectorists leave out is the use of multiple detectors and these would need to be likely more modern VLF detectors. Not like ground hog Garret’s and old TR units, etc.

For instance could a person use say one model detector and with its use make the same person a better user of another model detector? Yep
How. Let’s use one detector like a Deus for example. It has tendency to alert on nonferrous higher percentage of time vs many other detector models in a heavy iron detecting scenario. So a person could locate with Deus. Check target with another model and gain intel on that particular models behavior on heavier masked targets. Especially if they see this behavior on multiple occasions.
If the so-called expert didn’t have this crutch so to speak it would be far more time consuming via trial and error digging targets of various sounding/behavior characteristics. Plus they may never go to the extremes necessary without the crutch detector to gain full sight picture of how a certain model detector behaves on more heavier masked targets. Yet some intel is there none the less.

So bottom line.
Using multiple detector models comparing them on targets use can make one a better user of a detector later on if they decide fly solo with.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom