All right, who's doing the rain dance in NC?

pryan67

Forum Supporter
So we arrived at the beach yesterday, after driving through what seemed to be constant storms (and the cargo carrier I bought is NOT waterproof).

Looking at the forecast, it looks like it's going to be a rotten couple of days.

This isn't fair, and isn't life SUPPOSED to be fair (at least to me?)

Lol, my wife and I say we have a rain curse, married 31 years, and have yet to have a vacation where it doesn't rain the majority of the time. We even went to Jamaica in the middle of a drought, and it poured for 6 outof the 7 days we were there. I hope the weather clears up for you.

Lol, my wife and I say we have a rain curse, married 31 years, and have yet to have a vacation where it doesn't rain the majority of the time. We even went to Jamaica in the middle of a drought, and it poured for 6 outof the 7 days we were there. I hope the weather clears up for you.

We've been here three times so far, and the weather always SAID rain, but then it ended up maybe drizzling for a few minutes and it was gone.

I did get out between storms for a little while last night around 9 and it drizzled, and then the heavens opened up.

It was good to be on the beach with my detector though. Found 26 cents that I gave to a little kid who was out looking for a hermit crab. He asked how much my detector cost, and I told him, and told him that I have another one that was cheaper so he asked if he could have my other one LOL I said no, but that he could have everything that I had found so far that was valuable.

hmmm....that's about when it started storming again. Maybe I was being punished for giving him the coins.

It's going to be dreary and rainy all day, but it looks like the thunderstorms should be gone in the next hour or two (ideally before low tide so I can get out)

So we arrived at the beach yesterday, after driving through what seemed to be constant storms (and the cargo carrier I bought is NOT waterproof).

Looking at the forecast, it looks like it's going to be a rotten couple of days.

This isn't fair, and isn't life SUPPOSED to be fair (at least to me?)
Hey, detecting in the rain on the beach is more appealing than digging in muddy clay surrounded by ticks and mosquitos!
So quitcher griping, and go have fun! Just don't forget the poncho...

I think the beach is trying to drive you away because it doesn't want to give up it's treasure. Yeah.....that's it.....

well the complaining worked....it's nice and sunny now.

Still no targets, but at least I can hunt. Got another three hours in and cleaned up a few bottle caps and tent stake, and what I think is a keychain. With a gold colored die in the center for spinning. I tell ya, that about gave me a heart attack, since a little gold color popped out from some calcium (it's caked), but rinsing it off shows that while it's a pretty color, it's not gold

There's always after lunch though

It is raining in my area of SC Been a couple weeks at least since we had any rain. Ground hard and dry. Parts of the state are in a drought condition/

I am happy to see the rain. I Will be detecting in the morning looking for a lost ring that a young lady lost.

well the complaining worked....it's nice and sunny now.

Still no targets, but at least I can hunt. Got another three hours in and cleaned up a few bottle caps and tent stake, and what I think is a keychain. With a gold colored die in the center for spinning. I tell ya, that about gave me a heart attack, since a little gold color popped out from some calcium (it's caked), but rinsing it off shows that while it's a pretty color, it's not gold

There's always after lunch though

:lol: Now you can hunt! I can send some of these for you...

Screenshot 2021-06-05 7.54.29 AM.jpg

As long as the surf is workable I really don't mind the rain as it offers a very nice solitude out there that I enjoy. And aren't you in the water and getting wet anyway?

We are in a drought so I was glad it actually rained! I cant recall the last time we had a solid day of rain. Pond behind my house is near empty. Beautiful today so far with just a chance of an afternoon storm, same w/tomorrow. I got out and surfed this morning for a few hrs, didn't see any detectorists on wrightsville early morn. I usually detect or surf wb on saturdays and topsail sundays.

The whole western U.S. is in a bad drought, send the rain over here please or we will all be moving to the east coast!:coolinoff::sun2:

As long as the surf is workable I really don't mind the rain as it offers a very nice solitude out there that I enjoy. And aren't you in the water and getting wet anyway?

It's too tough for me (being the wuss that I am) to swing the nox in the surf....

I've been doing the wet sand and found squat...tried the dry sand and found a bottle cap spill, someone really likes their Corona Lite.

Found some bullet casings, what I think is a junk ring (it's been there awhile, it's got calcium caked on it), and about a buck in clad so far.

Gotta find a beach that isn't sanded in. Maybe I've been spoiled the past couple years that we've come here, but it looks like there's about a foot of extra sand here.

Back
Top Bottom