Double STANDER Double TOKEN detecting hunt!

LovestheShiny!

Forum Supporter
Well... after my buddy in Helena went out and pulled TWO Seated Dimes and a great Civil War 1863 Storecard token, I had to get out for a few hours today. Just stayed local here in Western Montana.

The afternoon started out poorly, no one home on the door knocking, finally got the OK at a large ca 1900 home but it became obvious that it had been detected before. For detecting for almost an hour, I pulled a clad dime, and that was it.

I headed south of town and was grateful to get the OK at a ca 1900 farmhouse, there were not many targets but I did well. Near the road I got a steady 90 on the AT Pro, and was delighted to find a "D" Mint but undated Standing Liberty Quarter. A hard to find coin here in Western MT. After that, I started to grid the somewhat overgrown yard area, and about 20 feet away, I got a steady 89 on the Pro. Hmmm.... I was shocked to pull a nice 1926 Stander! My first double stander day in a couple of years! Not many modern coins, I did get two Aluminum trade tokens... both are a bit crusty, but I can read...

GALLATIN VALLEY CLUB / BOZEMAN, MONT. // GOOD FOR ONE CIGAR

FREDRICH MARKET / MOST FOR YOUR MONEY / GOOD FOR 5 C in TRADE (this one is from the tiny town of Peever, South Dakota).

Amazing where some tokens end up. Anyway, was very encouraged by the last yard, and hope to get out more soon, thanks for your interest!

Attachments

• stander11.jpg
    stander11.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 576
  • stander1.jpg
    stander1.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 577
  • stander2.jpg
    stander2.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 575
Great finds, and congrats on the standers! Looks like an old prescription sheet theyre on too.

Congrats on an awesome hunt LTS, wow two SLQ's in one hunt. Attaboy on the tokens and other goodies as well. Good luck, Mark

Fantastic job David. Glad to see your perseverance paid off big. 2 Standers in one day is remarkable. Hope you continue to have such great luck on your future hunts.

Dynamic Duo👍

Thanks Metal!

Congrats on an awesome hunt LTS, wow two SLQ's in one hunt. Attaboy on the tokens and other goodies as well. Good luck, Mark

Thanks Mark, finally a good hunt and finally a chance to detect!

Fantastic job David. Glad to see your perseverance paid off big. 2 Standers in one day is remarkable. Hope you continue to have such great luck on your future hunts.

Thanks Gale! Heading over to an antique show in the Spokane area tomorrow and Saturday, will bring the AT Pro for sure, and should get some detecting in! My last "Double Stander" day was up in Great Falls MT, an amazing front yard where I hit both standers on the SAME SWING of my machine. Also got 4 Mercs from that yard, totally fun! Hope you continue to do well!

Wow, you had a great day! Here's a 1905 story.

Attachments

• The_Butte_Miner_Fri__Aug_4__1905_.jpg
    The_Butte_Miner_Fri__Aug_4__1905_.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 489
Wow double standers, I'm still hoping on my first after 12 years. Love finding tokens also. Congratulations to you sir.

Don

Sent from my LM-X320 using Tapatalk

Wow, you had a great day! Here's a 1905 story.

Thank you Iggyks! That historical newspaper 1905 article much appreciated, thanks for doing that research!

That is a great hunt and great finds! Congrats

Thank you Jim!

Wow double standers, I'm still hoping on my first after 12 years. Love finding tokens also. Congratulations to you sir.

Don
Sent from my LM-X320 using Tapatalk

Thank you Don, hope you get your Stander soon! They are a hard find pretty much anywhere here in the USA.

Geez David you have been killing the standers as of late 😁. I just talked with a co-worker that is relocating to Missoula this summer...she promised full run of the "period" property if the purchase goes through!

Congratulations again.

Congrats on the sweet success!

Thank you JAK!

That was quite a hunt David, glad you were able to get out. Nice recoveries for sure!

Thanks Todd, yeah, glad to finally get out for a bit. And happy to pull some decent stuff too!

Geez David you have been killing the standers as of late 😁. I just talked with a co-worker that is relocating to Missoula this summer...she promised full run of the "period" property if the purchase goes through!

Congratulations again.

Thank you Paul! Sounds like another trip for you and Gale to Missoula is in the works...

You know it's a great haul when you pull SLQ number 2! Your day was already made with number 1, and it just got better. Cool tokens and spoon too.

Thanks Foragist! Yeah, that first SLQ was nice, then Very Nice to get the 2nd one!

Back
Top Bottom