FRUSTRATED with Minelab

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
I sent them an email Wednesday and Thursday and called and left a voicemail on Thursday. STILL no reply.

They used to have great response time. I sent an email to Julie, to the general repair email address, called their customer care number and also called their repair center number. Leave messages and no answer.

I don't know if this virus has affected them this much. Maybe overwhelmed with broken Equinox 800's that can't get wet.

Minelab is Minelab, I think they are just a bit busy, that's all. There making GPX 6000 and advertising like crazy, I bet they will answer soon.

Josh

What does "too big for their britches" mean?

Josh

Too big for (one's) britches - Idioms by The Free Dictionary
https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/too+big+for+(one's)+britches
too big for (one's) britches Overconfident in one's importance, skill, or authority; behaving as if one is more important or influential than one actually is. He's gotten too big for his britches ever since he got that promotion. John's been too big for his britches now that he's been scouted by pro teams.

" Britches " is an old term for pants .

too big for (one's) britches Overconfident in one's importance, skill, or authority; behaving as if one is more important or influential than one actually is. He's gotten too big for his britches ever since he got that promotion. John's been too big for his britches now that he's been scouted by pro teams.

Thanks!

Josh

What does "too big for their britches" mean?

Josh

Thanks Soil Surgeon...Boy, am I feeling OLD!! :lol:

Minelab is Minelab, I think they are just a bit busy, that's all. There making GPX 6000 and advertising like crazy, I bet they will answer soon.

Josh

If Minelab needs more than 5 days to respond to an email, they're doing something wrong. That's unacceptable.

If Minelab needs more than 5 days to respond to an email, they're doing something wrong. That's unacceptable.

Oh. I'm not very good with days. It IS more than five days. I agree then. No matter how cool the GPX 6000 is going to be, customer first!

Josh

Minelab is extremely busy at the current time and it is taking time for them to get back to their customers. Give them some time and they will reply/.

Minelab is extremely busy at the current time and it is taking time for them to get back to their customers. Give them some time and they will reply/.

I'll keep that in mind the next time I'm trying to decide b/w a Minelab and another brand's detector.

I'm in this situation right now. I have been without my EQ 600 for more than a month. Took over 2 weeks to get any response from them and it wasn't even really a response from them. One day, I just called all 4 phone numbers that I have for Minelab, over and over again, until somebody finally answered. I sent it in the next day and was told 10-14 days of repair time. That was 15 days ago and still no email or anything. Maybe I'll get it back one day, who knows, but the whole experience has been totally unacceptable. If I didn't like it so much, I'd tell them to just keep it and move on, but it's a great machine...when it works.
I will say that their customer service is absolutely terrible.

I had a problem a couple months ago. Sent an email to minelab usa and got a response back in less than two hours. Got the infor to send it to Pa the next morning. They sent me an email when they received it and a phone call when they had checked it out. Less than two weeks overall from the day of the problem until i had it back working as designed.

They must be swamped, minelabs new repair center in PA has been really good to me in the past. I'm sure covid isnt helping, all it takes is one positive test and that repair center would probably hault operations for a short period of time. I'm sure you will be hearing from them sooner rather than later...

Thank goodness I haven't had a problem. I fixed the broken coil ear myself. But a few weeks ago they had a Minelab rep on Treasure Talk. What a bunch of nonsense and BS. The worst. This woman couldn't answer a direct question if her life depended on it. Is it just me ? Marketing these days is all half truths , avoidance and arrogance. She talked about how huge of a # of Nox's were sold and only a small # of issues with water intrusion or busted ears. Yet wouldn't provide specific numbers. There business has grown so much , sold so many detectors , blah , blah , blah. Look....if you're doing that good , HIRE MORE PEOPLE ! THE KOB is getting fired up just thinking about it. Sorry guys. Look up the video if you want....

Seems to be pretty standard for the Majority of companies nowadays unfortunately. I actually had a plugged ear about 6 years ago. Went to the Dr and they prescribed antibiotics. That didn't help. I went back and they prescribed a different antibiotic. My last dose was to be gone on a Friday but it was already Wednesday with absolutely NO improvement. I called to make an appointment for Friday so that I could have a plan before the weekend came which would have put it into the next week before I could get into the Dr again.

When I called the nurse acted really upset that I hadn't let the second round of antibiotics have a chance to work. I said Lady I have been taking them for a WEEK AND NOTHING (DING DING). She said in a rather harsh voice...."I'll have to ask the Dr and call you back". I never received a call back (Been 6 years ) and I switched Drs. Turns out it was allergies. One Zyrtec cleared my head up completely.. I guess the Moral of the story is if they don't treat you right FIRE them. I have done it many times in life and not afraid to cut any of them loose after trying be be fair about it. Some things are just unacceptable

Back
Top Bottom