Turning my clad into silver! What do you all do with your clad?

You might be able to take a scale or a good strong magnet into a coin shop or antique store, but I do not think they will allow you to do an acid test in the store. Just my thoughts. I'm kind of uneasy on purchasing things from flea markets and online.

+1 on the scale - There are way too many fakes out there, they have even started "aging them" to look older. There's a place in town by me that gets coins every now and then, just had a Seated Dollar come in that looked legit but the weight was off. He said it was the best looking fake he ever saw.

You might be able to take a scale or a good strong magnet into a coin shop or antique store, but I do not think they will allow you to do an acid test in the store. Just my thoughts. I'm kind of uneasy on purchasing things from flea markets and online.

I’ll test FTF sale or flea market, coin shop Test in Jeep after purchase. So far no issues but only did a few purchases so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Save up your clad, I’ve been chasing silver for over 40 years and have seen amazing price swings. Matter of fact, last year silver dropped to $12 spot per ounce, I was buying it cheap! Ten years previous it reached over $40, forty years before that it was close to $50.

Save your clad silver will be on sale for half price soon.

In your opinion what price per oz would you wait for and then purchase?

Just be careful there's lots of fake silver out there. This includes old-looking coins silver rounds and collectibles. They have mastered the counterfeit! Get them from a reputable dealer!!!!!
The place is called bayside coin and jewelry they are located in Bellingham WA. They have tons of stuff. Here’s some cool pocket watches.

4CD3355C-9E2D-4DC8-92F7-29814A93B14D.jpeg

And a 10oz
AE4142E3-7337-400A-9FB6-3452014433D0.jpeg

Guy I met bought lots of those. Same guy I got the permissions from

I've been converting my clad into silver and gold for many years. Some folks don't like digging clad but I'll take all I can get. The dimes in the pics are the silver coins I bought with my clad finds a few years ago (two years worth). Last summer when silver hit $30 per ounce and gold was at roughly $2000 I sold it all.

That is super impressive.

Well I also invest in the market and in crypto Josh. I have three daughters ages 3, 5 and 9 and they as well have a portfolio each and some cds and such. That is very forward thinking of you being young wish I had. I was just figuring a way to spend this clad to where it will gain money instead of cashing in to buy a beer, pay gas, get a sandwich etc. I honestly took the whole first years and coinstar it went for a gift card with bought a unicorn floaty and soom other pool toys I believe at the time. I wanted to maybe take that money and at the end of the calendar year invest in the market or something but figured I am shooting for coins so why not keep the theme. Man today I hunted 11 hours was gone 14 hrs and hit 4 locations. I will be doing a write once my hunting partner send me his pics. He hit 3 silvers a silver ring and other stuff. My wasn’t as great but still random and cool finds.

Crypto just isn't my thing. ;) But maybe I'll try get a silver round or two. Not for investing, just for eyecandy.

Josh

The place is called bayside coin and jewelry they are located in Bellingham WA. They have tons of stuff. Here’s some cool pocket watches.

View attachment 485778

And a 10oz
View attachment 485779

Guy I met bought lots of those. Same guy I got the permissions from

Now that is a very unique way to collect gold and silver. Plus the value of having a fine watch, nice-looking collection!

In your opinion what price per oz would you wait for and then purchase?
You know, I used to think price was important but came to the conclusion that it’s not. I like to measure a stack in ounces, not dollars. The price of silver has been all over the place long term. If you’re planning to hold for the long haul, buy now, or buy later. What’s nice about silver is you can always sell on the highs and buy back in cheaper on the lows.

Currently, I’ve stacked Douglas Fir in the form of 2x4x8’s. Looking to see if I can add them to my IRA. :cool3::lol:

if anyone is concerned about buying fake rounds just do this simple test. Its the only 1 I can think of that can't be fooled... at least not easily.

Set up a 3 headed alligator electrolysis. 1 with copper or other conductive metal, and the other with your coin and the 3rd a SS spoon or similar. Silver being more conductive should start to bubble first (same distance away). Should take about 2 seconds to do this test, its free, and no acid.

Clad sometimes buys silver from a dealer. Some for metal detecting toys and some for other toys. The more clad the more i have for toys.

First detector was the Ace 250

found alot of clad

bought my DFX with it

found more clad

bought my ETrac with it

found more clad

ETC..ETC..

Back
Top Bottom