Minelab EQX 800 owners - Look ...replacement pod cost info

I presume that these prices ONLY apply to individuals who are sending in their units and the only way to "fix" them is to replace the control pod?

I ask because the ability to get an Equinox 800 refurb control pod for $225 (or $350 new) a la carte is an amazing deal.

Well, that would indeed be nice to purchase one a la carte if they would do that.

Dave thanks for the info. My first 800 went out of warranty this past April. So far it still works fine and hope to get a few more years out of it. I have noticed the battery takes a little longer to charge these days. Still good to know a replacement pod is available at a reasonable cost. Mark

You are welcome.

Well, that would indeed be nice to purchase one a la carte if they would do that.

I'd likely get one if they were al a carte. What reason is it that they aren't al a carte?

I have a 600 and an 800 right now which are both suddenly ultra sensitive to EMI(symptoms of EMI anyway), or the machines both went south. I'd like to have a confirmed control head to verify that something hasn't ironically happened to my older Noxes. Any no, I don't know if the EMI is new due to power lines and air conditioning demands on the power lines. All I know is that in my half acre front yard, where I could usually run sens to 22, and higher with the 6" coil...I'm forced to back down a lot. It has seemingly gotten worse in some of my regular, local hunt spots lately.

Yea, a good verified control pod would be worth it to me for troubleshooting. I hate mailing stuff off without knowing. Jm2c

I'd likely get one if they were al a carte. What reason is it that they aren't al a carte?

I have a 600 and an 800 right now which are both suddenly ultra sensitive to EMI(symptoms of EMI anyway), or the machines both went south. I'd like to have a confirmed control head to verify that something hasn't ironically happened to my older Noxes. Any no, I don't know if the EMI is new due to power lines and air conditioning demands on the power lines. All I know is that in my half acre front yard, where I could usually run sens to 22, and higher with the 6" coil...I'm forced to back down a lot. It has seemingly gotten worse in some of my regular, local hunt spots lately.

Yea, a good verified control pod would be worth it to me for troubleshooting. I hate mailing stuff off without knowing. Jm2c

Because then no one would ever buy a complete metal detector. The hypothetical a la carte price + the cost of a new coil would be far less than buying a whole new detector.

Because then no one would ever buy a complete metal detector. The hypothetical a la carte price + the cost of a new coil would be far less than buying a whole new detector.

You'd still need the upper, lower rods and the arm cup assy. Am I missing something? If it's a matter of buying the 800 pod and converting a 600 to an 800, make a price on a 600 pod. I just want a good test pod.

You'd still need the upper, lower rods and the arm cup assy. Am I missing something? If it's a matter of buying the 800 pod and converting a 600 to an 800, make a price on a 600 pod. I just want a good test pod.

An Equinox 800 pod is $225 refurbished and $350 new. The cost of a new EQX 11 is $230. A full OEM shaft kit is under $50. The arm cuff is $25.

So you can have a brand new Equinox 800 for $655. That assumes you're paying full retail for the coil, shaft and cuff. I'm sure if you're willing to go onto eBay, you could probably get all 3 for under $275. Then tack on a refurbished control pod for $225 and now you have a good, used 800 for $500.

Or maybe you have the Equinox 600 and want the 800, but don't want to shell out $900+. So you just buy the control pod for $255 or $350, then sell your 600 control pod and voila!

If Minelab allowed a la carte 800 control pod purchases, this would be me with Minelab:

Attachments

• takemymoney.jpg
    takemymoney.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 327
The way I understand it they will not just sell you a control pod. Either new or a refurb unless yours is out of warranty and toast. I saw a thread over there and I thought that was what was determined.

The way I understand it they will not just sell you a control pod. Either new or a refurb unless yours is out of warranty and toast. I saw a thread over there and I thought that was what was determined.

That's my understanding, too. I'm under the impression that only those who can prove they purchased an Equinox, that it is now out of warranty, and they possess a "totaled" control pod would be eligible for those prices.

An Equinox 800 pod is $225 refurbished and $350 new. The cost of a new EQX 11 is $230. A full OEM shaft kit is under $50. The arm cuff is $25.

So you can have a brand new Equinox 800 for $655. That assumes you're paying full retail for the coil, shaft and cuff. I'm sure if you're willing to go onto eBay, you could probably get all 3 for under $275. Then tack on a refurbished control pod for $225 and now you have a good, used 800 for $500.

Or maybe you have the Equinox 600 and want the 800, but don't want to shell out $900+. So you just buy the control pod for $255 or $350, then sell your 600 control pod and voila!

If Minelab allowed a la carte 800 control pod purchases, this would be me with Minelab:

Don’t forget that the ML80 headphones are missing, the WM08 excluded and the charge cable. I also didn’t see that the pod came with a battery. Add in all the shipping for each device rod and pod and $655 gets bigger. That $255 pod has
is just a one year warranty also. I can’t see many folks jumping thru all the hoops and losing the accessories. A whole new rig seems more logical. Just sayin’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t forget that the ML80 headphones are missing, the WM08 excluded and the charge cable. I also didn’t see that the pod came with a battery. Add in all the shipping for each device rod and pod and $655 gets bigger. That $255 pod has
is just a one year warranty also. I can’t see many folks jumping thru all the hoops and losing the accessories. A whole new rig seems more logical. Just sayin’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish you worked for Minelab!

Back
Top Bottom