Has potential

woodbutcher

Forum Supporter
Been doing a lot of tree work for a church,they just bought this property beside them. Old green building usto be a barn,turned into a sign shop. So I’m assuming the pond was for the cattle whenever this place was a working farm. Anyway, after I was done for today I grabbed the machine out of my work truck and swung around for a bit by the pond...1853 LC,and some type of token or pendant,gotta clean it up and see. But yea,the site has potential for sure.Not a fan of finding large cents tho anymore,my Pennsylvania soil just ruins them.

Attachments

• 41E39FD3-8939-45DE-8D19-070B9F9D3CC1.jpg
    41E39FD3-8939-45DE-8D19-070B9F9D3CC1.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 532
  • 37125732-AAFB-46C0-875E-A9693D287BCC.jpg
    37125732-AAFB-46C0-875E-A9693D287BCC.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 510
  • AE810401-3950-4E39-9F55-0366859C7D86.jpg
    AE810401-3950-4E39-9F55-0366859C7D86.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 543
  • BE29A44D-F820-4896-B45A-36B4C31D0D0F.jpg
    BE29A44D-F820-4896-B45A-36B4C31D0D0F.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 552
Yes even here I'd say 9/10 coppers are trashed. Really stinks finding an old copper and you cant even tell what it is :laughing: at least yours is identifiable lol could be some old silver near by, I'll be looking forward to updates :yes: congrats man!

.... I grabbed the machine out of my work truck and swung around for a bit .....

Ok, so let's see if I understand this correctly: The poor little east coast hunter just "happens to swing around a bit after work one day"....

And he gets a

.......1853 LC,and.....

But lo & behold, we can all feel sorry for him, because it's not pristine perfect:

.... Not a fan of finding large cents tho anymore,my Pennsylvania soil just ruins them.

Oh my oh my. I'm just crying alligator tears. I feel so bad for you that you're not getting mint grade LC's. How do you handle the indignity ? :?: :sissyfight:

Ok, so let's see if I understand this correctly: The poor little east coast hunter just "happens to swing around a bit after work one day"....

And he gets a

But lo & behold, we can all feel sorry for him, because it's not pristine perfect:

Oh my oh my. I'm just crying alligator tears. I feel so bad for you that you're not getting mint grade LC's. How do you handle the indignity ? :?: :sissyfight:

I think Tom is Bilingual: He speaks Sarcasm and English. :lol:

Josh

Congrats on the Large Cent finds. Those finds can certainly indicate that there are some silver coins to be found in that spot so good luck if you go back there to hunt again. I'm not all that thrilled with Large cents for the same reason you mentioned.....other than a couple of exceptions, the Large Cents I dig in my area are not even close to being in decent condition.

Been doing a lot of tree work for a church,they just bought this property beside them. Old green building usto be a barn,turned into a sign shop. So I’m assuming the pond was for the cattle whenever this place was a working farm. Anyway, after I was done for today I grabbed the machine out of my work truck and swung around for a bit by the pond...1853 LC,and some type of token or pendant,gotta clean it up and see. But yea,the site has potential for sure.Not a fan of finding large cents tho anymore,my Pennsylvania soil just ruins them.

Nice photos , at a beautiful spot ! Congrats on your finds and best of luck to you there .
Thanks soiI surgeon

Congrats on the great finds! I would love to find a large cent MDing someday! :woot:
I hope you get one soon

Yes even here I'd say 9/10 coppers are trashed. Really stinks finding an old copper and you cant even tell what it is :laughing: at least yours is identifiable lol could be some old silver near by, I'll be looking forward to updates :yes: congrats man!
Glad you get it cellrdwellr,I usually use coppers to date a area,they’re really worthless

Looks like a killer spot congrats.
Thanks diggingthepnw

Nice ones Woody.
You using a Nox?
How shocking. Lol
Hey TN,dang I forgot to photoshop that nox,,lol.. I had two,decided to keep the 600 tho,just not a tweaker. I like all machines,including Minelab.

And he gets a

Tom,geographically were really different. While my ancestors were breaking they’re back in the coal mines yours were playing with a pan in the water and pulling gold...pull ahead a few centuries and nothing’s changed. My state was so poor they lost nothing but old pennies,and that’s what I find while your pulling gold coins from your area.. heck,while I was putting another pound of aluminum foil on my antenna to get a local station you probably had internet..:laughing:

I think Tom is Bilingual: He speaks Sarcasm and English. :lol:

Josh
Yes,Tom is a professor at SarcaEnglsh

Congrats on the Large Cent finds. Those finds can certainly indicate that there are some silver coins to be found in that spot so good luck if you go back there to hunt again. I'm not all that thrilled with Large cents for the same reason you mentioned.....other than a couple of exceptions, the Large Cents I dig in my area are not even close to being in decent condition.
Thanks diggin4clad,I’m gonna do a repost on this area once o hit it hard

Nice finds! That's the fanciest cow pond I ever saw! Looks kinda like purpose built swimming hole to me if it has that concrete all the way around it.

..... While my ancestors were breaking they’re back in the coal mines yours were playing with a pan in the water and pulling gold...pull ahead a few centuries and nothing’s changed. My state was so poor they lost nothing but old pennies,and that’s what I find while your pulling gold coins from your area.. heck,while I was putting another pound of aluminum foil on my antenna to get a local station you probably had internet..:laughing:....

Loved this post ! While I won't admit this is the reason for my/our lack of LC's, yet I have to admit: I loved it ! :laughing:

Definitely jealous of those toasted east coast LCs! Nice work woody! I'm glad you chose to keep a nox in your arsenal as well!

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom