Key Type Object

ForceFed79

Hi all,

I was out detecting over the weekend, and I found this object. I have been trying to figure out what it could possibly be, but I haven't had much luck. To me, it slightly resembles a key, but quite obviously it is not. It is my opinion that it could be for a musical instrument to adjust string tension? Or a drum head? That is a complete guess though. I am probably way off. Anyway, if anyone might have some insight as to what it is, I would greatly appreciate it.

It is threaded on the bottom end, looks to be 1/4 inch deep. There is a hole completely through the barrel portion.

Attachments

• IMG_9436.jpg
    IMG_9436.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_9437.jpg
    IMG_9437.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 216
Pretty sure it’s part of one of these, it’s a gas valve from an old gas lamp or chandelier I believe.
ccf03c65dd6b98acb100238e335c27fb.jpg

9ebbd044760e5afe04025c3d70a4cd05.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can see it now! Yes! I believe you are correct GRF1868! That explains why it is threaded at the bottom edge (screw to hold it together) and why it has a hole through it. I am convinced that is exactly what it is. Thanks fellas!

Yup I’m almost positive that’s what it is, if you google “Victorian gas chandelier” or sconce or lamp there’s quite a few pics of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom