My 2019 MDing Wrap-up (Third Year Finds)

Wolf-Dog

Elite Member
Sorry it has taken so long for me to post this, I have been meaning to get this done for quite some time, but other things that took priority came up.

I really enjoyed using my new detector that Silversmith45 gave me in the 2018 Christmas gift exchange, and I even found my first ever silver & gold items with it (although, both happen to be plated)! I am also very glad that I got to enjoy some great time detecting with my dad, brother, and sister this past year. :mder:

The following things were found mostly in tot-lots, permission sites, & our yard. :D

First pic is of all the clad I found, totaling 207 Coins worth $14.25. I reached my goal of $10+ FTY. :cool3:

Second pic is of my gold plated ring and early 1900's sterling plated spoon. :woot:

Third pic is of my other cool finds. Starting at the top, and then going left to right, a carwash token (my first token :D), a 1956 Canadian penny, 2 keys, a small copper ring, 4 .22 bullets, a 12 GA headstamp, & a copper bracelet.

Thank you for looking, happy hunting, & God bless in 2020! :mder:

2019 Clad (Resized).jpg
2019 Best Finds (Resized).jpg
2019 Cool FInds (Resized).jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on what looks like a fun year, some nice finds there, and detecting with your family is fantastic. I like the spoon and copper bracelet and never mind finding a headstamo or token. I do like to separate out my copper and zinc cents, for some reason I keep the copper ones. I find the bounce / tone sound the easiest way to sort them too.

Keep at it and no coin will be safe when you're able to get yourself around and find some old dirt.

Nice finds Wolf-Dog! Congrats on beating your goals for 2019, and hope you get into more good stuff this year 2020!

A very nice year in review Garrett. Glad you hit your clad Target. Now this year you will have to up the ante and top last years total. Want to say thank you to both you and your sister for all the support you gave me this last year. Hope 2020 will be a bigger and even better. Trapper

I'm glad that the detector is working out for you. it is a great hobby and you never know what you will find. I hope that you will continue to have great finds.

Congrats on what looks like a fun year, some nice finds there, and detecting with your family is fantastic. I like the spoon and copper bracelet and never mind finding a headstamo or token. I do like to separate out my copper and zinc cents, for some reason I keep the copper ones. I find the bounce / tone sound the easiest way to sort them too.
Thank you, Jeff! :D I deposit the coins into my bank at the end of the year, and for some reason my bank's coin counting machine usually accepts the half eaten zinc pennies, so I just leave them in with the rest of my clad. :lol:

Keep at it and no coin will be safe when you're able to get yourself around and find some old dirt.
Thank you, ToySoldier! :D I do hope to find some older coins this year. :mder:

Congrats on all the cool finds. Hope this year will be as good or better for you. Good luck Mark
Thank you, Mark! :D I hope so! :mder:

Nice haul and good pics! Good luck for 2020.
Thank you, Wmass guy! :D

Nice finds Wolf-Dog! Congrats on beating your goals for 2019, and hope you get into more good stuff this year 2020!
Thank you, LovestheShiny! :D I would really like that! :mder:

A very nice year in review Garrett. Glad you hit your clad Target. Now this year you will have to up the ante and top last years total. Want to say thank you to both you and your sister for all the support you gave me this last year. Hope 2020 will be a bigger and even better. Trapper
Thank you, Trapper! :D I appreciate your kind reply. Same to you, as well. :cool3:

Nice going and congrats on hitting your goal.
Thank you, Jason! :D

I'm glad that the detector is working out for you. it is a great hobby and you never know what you will find. I hope that you will continue to have great finds.
Thank you, Richard! :D What you said about this hobby is so true! I am really looking forward to metal detecting with the detector from you again this year... if the ground will ever thaw, that is. :lol:

Last edited:
Congratulations, Garrett, on your nice finds! :woot: I especially like the silver spoon and the ring. You did well on clad, too; it's great that you passed up your goal! The Lord has blessed us both this past detecting season - and I'm glad we had this special "family time" together. :grin:

Congratulations, Garrett, on your nice finds! :woot: I especially like the silver spoon and the ring. You did well on clad, too; it's great that you passed up your goal! The Lord has blessed us both this past detecting season - and I'm glad we had this special "family time" together. :grin:
Thank you, Chelsea! I really had a lot of fun MDing with you this past year. :mder:

Nice finds.
That's a pretty piece of silverware too.
Hopefully this year will be even better, maybe some silver coins😃 . Nice job

Back
Top Bottom