• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Unicorn

# 2 backhoe

One of my very first finds, it is cast and has threaded hole on the bottom. No markings of any kind. Anybody ever seen anything similar?
db83126e6a70444c06349fcc8906d360.jpg
93fa1a8493b4d6f80399ad7d3f94387a.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Checked again and it is not magnetic, maybe copper? Although it wasn't green when I pulled it. Quite heavy for its size

I have seen one similar at a barn, it was screwed into the side of a board and used as a coat/umbrella hanger. the one I saw was just a horse, dont know if it was missing the unicorn or just different, but had same sway back

Wow, you people really have me scratching my head now, all possibilities.Thanks

It is from a rotating music box. There have been a couple listed on etsy, but the listings ere too old to be accessible,yet the images show up in a search.
Edit -- found one, added in post below

Last edited:
OK we will say it's a finial, whether from a lamp or music box ECT. I would have to think a child unscrewed it and took it out side to play. Thanks everyone for the help.

NHBenz. That is it EXACTLY. Thanks for finding it. Now I just need to research it's age.

As usual I didn't read the whole description. Now that I KNOW the age I think it will be reporpused as a finial in one of my wood turnings.😀

Its definitely one cool find there Brother! I'd drill a hole and bolt the damn thing right down to the hood of my detecting vehicle! Superb!
Mud

Attachments

• sherman.jpg
    sherman.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 268
  • sherman1.jpg
    sherman1.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 260
Back
Top Bottom