Whats your number 1 tip for finding silver coins?

Hi HO Silver!

Hi everyone I have started this thread so everyone in the community can share ideas on where the best areas to find silver coins are: farm's, public parks, sidewalk strips, where do you find silver the most?

Also please post your best silver coins and where you found them!

Happy hunting! :grin:

The easy way to find silver is simple....door knock homes built before 1965!! If you do that you’ll find a lot of silver coins!! I started detecting at the end of 2013 and I’ve found over 600 silver coins!
4e26aad3d564d24d445101ad209c7f3e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Research.... Do research on your city or town. Use historical aerials or look at old maps.

Researched where the had a boat landing at a river in my home town. It’s in a Historic area with is now cemented down with coffee shops, lawyer offices and boutiques except for a couple of old sidewalk stripes and one was in front of a lawyer’s office in the middle of the street with no parking. So knowing it would be better to do it in the early morning, I was in one of those hell with it I’m doing it now I’m motivated already. So here I am all geared up looking like the Predator walking up the street with my gear up and my cap down. Went over the small strip and a high number and tone hitting deep at 9”. I thought to myself it’s not a doubloon, which we’re plagued with form from Mardi Gras, but must be a big rusted washer. But I was there to dig so I dug. Getting more looks and ground getting harder, embarrassment setting in, I gave one more pop and out pops out, like in slow motion in the movies a solid black disc. I put in my bag and got out of there. When I got home a scrub it....it was this! Research, think outside the box and go for it.
76fbee433df4f0a96af3ea421f25c556.jpg
d6a612c703d8fe5ab1d98b9b5ca5cf2c.jpg

Door knocking.

Knock them doors and ask permission. Walker was found in my back yard. Two merc’s at a friends house. Happy hunting

Attachments

• D1CF1804-A79F-416D-BCF6-FC64294503A0.jpg
    D1CF1804-A79F-416D-BCF6-FC64294503A0.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 457
  • FBCEE9CB-1F79-4853-870F-319D018F1D62.jpg
    FBCEE9CB-1F79-4853-870F-319D018F1D62.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 438
In one of these discussion threads somebody said 'if you're finding wheat pennies then there's a good chance of finding silver'. Makes sense to me. I've found about 10 wheat pennies in my yard, two silver quarters, and a silver half dollar.

The easy way to find silver is simple....door knock homes built before 1965!! If you do that you’ll find a lot of silver coins!! I started detecting at the end of 2013 and I’ve found over 600 silver coins!
4e26aad3d564d24d445101ad209c7f3e.jpg

Wow that's awesome! I'll have to start knocking on doors!

Researched where the had a boat landing at a river in my home town. It’s in a Historic area with is now cemented down with coffee shops, lawyer offices and boutiques except for a couple of old sidewalk stripes and one was in front of a lawyer’s office in the middle of the street with no parking. So knowing it would be better to do it in the early morning, I was in one of those hell with it I’m doing it now I’m motivated already. So here I am all geared up looking like the Predator walking up the street with my gear up and my cap down. Went over the small strip and a high number and tone hitting deep at 9”. I thought to myself it’s not a doubloon, which we’re plagued with form from Mardi Gras, but must be a big rusted washer. But I was there to dig so I dug. Getting more looks and ground getting harder, embarrassment setting in, I gave one more pop and out pops out, like in slow motion in the movies a solid black disc. I put in my bag and got out of there. When I got home a scrub it....it was this! Research, think outside the box and go for it.

Amazing find and story!

I have hunted for a long time (years), I found researching for old parks, old home sites, and as always ask permission to hunt when ever in doubt. One of my best places was old fairgrounds and swimming holes.
Good Luck

Bruh....
The Silver Surfer aint got NUTHIN on YOU...
Congrats on yet another MAGNIFICENT Find...

Bruh....

The Silver Surfer aint got NUTHIN on YOU...

Congrats on yet another MAGNIFICENT Find...

Thanks Buck I must admit I’ve gotten lucky this year. My 2018 best find was my first bucket lister a 1700’s coin period but a 1787 1 reales which I never got a 1 before.

Not to leave out the best part it was a Spanish spill they have a 1806 1/2 real in the same hole. And I happened in the very played out spot I started with my Bounty Hunter and every other machine I’ve not getting anything. I want not expecting to find anything, I just had to burn an hour for lunch. Crazy luck and crazy hobby Buck

Thanks Buck I must admit I’ve gotten lucky this year. My 2018 best find was my first bucket lister a 1700’s coin period but a 1787 1 reales which I never got a 1 before.

Not to leave out the best part it was a Spanish spill they have a 1806 1/2 real in the same hole. And I happened in the very played out spot I started with my Bounty Hunter and every other machine I’ve not getting anything. I want not expecting to find anything, I just had to burn an hour for lunch. Crazy luck and crazy hobby Buck

Yup..
Read that story too..
You are becoming a Louisiana Legend..
If I could have a Decade like your past year, id be on Cloud 9.
Again.
Congrats.

Yup..

Read that story too..

You are becoming a Louisiana Legend..

If I could have a Decade like your past year, id be on Cloud 9.

Again.

Congrats.

Buck may the light shine on you in 2019 and thank you for all the generous compliments [emoji1317]

Buck may the light shine on you in 2019 and thank you for all the generous compliments [emoji1317]

My best spots are hard hit public parks, trashier the better. Lots of guys avoid trashy spots but that’s where I’ve loaded up on the silver.

My best spots are hard hit public parks, trashier the better. Lots of guys avoid trashy spots but that’s where I’ve loaded up on the silver.

+1 Nailed it! The older the park the better too. I always try to find woods surrounding the park or close to the park. If I'm finding wheat pennies, that's when i know silver is close by. Historic aerials is a fantastic site that I use daily.... Good luck and happy hunting!

+1 Nailed it! The older the park the better too. I always try to find woods surrounding the park or close to the park. If I'm finding wheat pennies, that's when i know silver is close by. Historic aerials is a fantastic site that I use daily.... Good luck and happy hunting!

You guys must not have detectorist around your area like I do then!! I have a bug old park in my city that everybody hunts because it’s the only park here and nobody door knocks so it’s about the only public place to hunt. I can hunt that I place for a month straight and not find a wheat penny. Finding clad is next to impossible

Really? That's a tip I've never heard before I'm going to have to use that one!

Great advice!

Back
Top Bottom