• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Iron Beach dime trifecta, silvers #63-#67...

Captain Silver

Elite Member
Yesterday's storm left the first snow of the season behind, about 5 inches worth:roll: but the wind brought the water up to the very top of the slope again at Iron Beach, so I went there for a couple hours with the Excal Sword this morning. I dug the normal beach scrap including a couple early beaver tail pulltabs, a clock gear, old iron skeleton key and 85 cents in clad......and also got some keepers...a almost dissolved Indian, couple of wheats and silvers #63-#67......1951 and 1950 Rosies, 1942 Merc, 1912D Barber Dime and a 1899 Barber Quarter. Only 17 coins but 5 of 'em were silver...gotta love that ratio, especially when a couple are more than 100 years old:cool: That's all for this outing so thanks for the views, see you after the next and Happy
Hunting!

Last edited:
Holy [emoji90] that’s awesome, old silver on a beach hunt? Wish I lived near the ocean. Like the gold wasn’t enough lol

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token

I have found maybe 2-3 Mercs and 1 Barber dime total since I started this hobby! The Barber dime was from a dirt hunt at my wife's former school. That's just amazing to me in 1 hunt! :wow:

WTG Bruce! I haven’t seen or been to the barber in a long time hehe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys! I cooked the Barbers in salty water with a cell phone charger...but left the quarter in too long and it burned at the connection spot to the clip

its been a while

Hi Bruce,
I haven't hunted in almost a year due to family illness. I may be out of the game for a long while but I still enjoy reading about your hunts. Keep the finds coming.

Dan

Back
Top Bottom