Where is Rudy?

Brehon Tower, Channel Islands??

I think Doug got it right ! Congrats Doug !

Here is another photo I just found online that seems to verify he is right -

brehon.jpg

Awesome! Yep, right outside the harbor at Guernsey.

Oops, I was uploading some pictures but it aborted. The satellite link is flaky. :(

Educated guess Rudy on my part, I assumed it was possible a defence which was built when we had a 'bit' of a fallout with the French.

"Brehon Tower and the islands were the subject of renewed attention in the middle of the 19th century. The Channel Islands were high on the list of strategic locations for both Britain and France, and with the threat of war, it was decided that the site of the obelisk would be expanded into a sea fort. Work on the current Brehon Tower started in 1854, and by the time it was completed two years later the fortification had three floors, living quarters for a small garrison, and a gun platform on the roof."

I am sorry folks, but the ship's internet is too flaky and I can't sucessfully upload pictures so I can't continue at this time.

If there is interest, I can start a "Where was Rudy" thread upon my return to California.

I am sorry folks, but the ship's internet is too flaky and I can't sucessfully upload pictures so I can't continue at this time.

If there is interest, I can start a "Where was Rudy" thread upon my return to California.

Sounds like a plan buddy!

Neat Idea !!!!

......reminded me of the old "Where's Waldo ?" comic :lol:

You can have your version called "Where's Rudy ?" :laughing::laughing::laughing:
IMG_4074a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom