Discovering De Soto's Lost Trail

LostTrails1539

I am the discoverer of Spanish Treasure and a famous 16th Century Explorer's lost trail. The only one in the world to ever find anything with Hernando de Soto's name on it in North America as far as archaeological evidence goes. That's quite an accomplishment when you can dig up treasure worth more than you could ever make in your lifetime one piece alone. The biggest problem I have is knowing what to do with it after you find it, eh. There are so called laws that are supposed to protect our national heritage. They are a joke. In my opinion, when the government purposely destroys an eligible national historic site portrayed in the rotunda of our nation's capitol and archaeologists are more worried about preserving precious reputations and their own million dollar theories or the bureaucrats in charge of historic preservation are paid off, or told to shut up about it and no longer be of any assistance then who do you turn to for preserving historical truth? I love this hobby of ours, and here's to finders keepers, but put yourself on the cover of Lost Treasure Magazine and ask yourself what would I do if I found a Spanish Explorer in my own backyard? Myself I am very outspoken on the subject, and the first thing you need is a damn good lawyer. If you can even find one with the courage to take the case. And don't forget, it takes more than you can make in your life just to pay these guys at the same time. I am currently battling the State of Florida to put my kind donation of De Soto's 1539 Landing on public display at the Museum of Florida History in Tallahassee. Unfortunately my discovery made on Anastasia Island near St. Augustine shed light on the wrong theory and somebody somewhere doesn't want a National Memorial honoring the very reason for their own existence. It was fun trying to establish a National Historic Trail but also hopeless at the same time. Especially when you have to go up against the Environmental Protection Agency and their Super Fund Clean Up Program. And so much for Congress authorizing our wonderful National Parks Service to preserve America's rich, cultural heritage unimpaired. Sometimes it's up to us treasure hunters to save America's Treasures, especially when those in charge of doing just that won't. It's a tough choice though between historic preservation and personal gain. As a discoverer you should be entitled to something, eh? It's subject for great discussion here, because you never know what you'll dig up in your own backyard or down in the local city park.
It could even be the lost footsteps of a famous Spanish Explorer, or the burnt freshwater pearls of a fabled Indian Princess known as the Lady of Cofitachequi and the only evidence ever found from the Battle of Mabila. Don't ask me what the signature of De Soto is worth. I guess we'll find out one of these years. But this is what treasure hunting is all about. Going out and finding something historically important. Like legendary shipwrecks or lost Spanish trails. Gotta love it. Respectfully, I also like your name here. "Friendly" after all can't we all just get along when it comes to discovering priceless historical relics. It's almost funny what you have to do to save America's rich cultural heritage unimpaired. But at the same time it's a serious business. Do I know what I'm doing? I've spent a lifetime treasure hunting and over a decade trying to save our national heritage with hardly anything to show for it but hundreds of millions of dollars that I can still hold in the palm of my own hand. I still can't get over the reality of it all. If there's any advice I can give you. Never throw anything out, until you absolutely know it's trash. And keep on researching your finds even if it takes years or longer. It took 18 years to realize De Soto's Landing relic was dated 1539. And it will probably take that long for the State Archaeologist of Florida to realize the significance of that date in history even though she parks her desk on site of De Soto's 1539 First Winter Encampment. I say that in a friendly manner in hopes that the Museum of Florida History and De Soto's own National Memorial can somehow find the courage to say two simple little words for the preservation of their own past. I suppose I'd better shut up now, before the IRS realizes I still owe back taxes on these things from the first day I found them over a decade ago! Wow. I wonder how much that is? More than I could ever make in my lifetime again. You got to love treasure hunting. It's the hobby dreams are made of. And anyone can find a fortune. It's what you do with it that counts.

Can you post a picture of whatever you are talking about in that extremely long jumble with no paragraph breaks?

Are you saying you have Hernando de Soto's signature on something?

The Relics of a Conquistador

Friendly speaking without giving up after a few sentences or trying to explain the historical complexities or politics involved with discovering a lost 16th century trail and Spanish Relics worth more than you could ever make in your lifetime one piece alone this is what you are searching for thank you.

Things with names and dates on them like this small piece of silver dated 1539 with some guy named Soto on it that I dug up on Anastasia Island near St. Augustine exactly one month after Mel Fisher's team discovered the Atocha's mother load. That was quite a year for treasure hunting.

Since then I have found Hernando's footsteps two other times. You can see or read about it in the April Issue of Lost Treasure Magazine 2003. Respectfully. And yes some of these things have the De Soto signature on them, however, you can't see it in the photo's I have, you have to actually look with your own eyes as you hold history in the palm of your hand to tell the truth.

In all honesty just because you find millions of dollars in Spanish Treasure it doesn't always mean you will be smiling all the way to the Bank of Spain to deposit a ton of money the day you quit your day job. Sorry, it don't work like that even though we all wish it did. For those who have actually discovered ship wrecks or eligible historical sites you know what I'm talking about the legality of it all. On the other hand, some day and perhaps today's the day, with some common courtesy, intensive research and dedicated determination or just plain good luck, even you too can discover a lost Spanish trail or salvage a wreck site if you will.

Only get yourself a good lawyer because the Florida Courts or the Federal Government in cahoots with the King of Spain can take it all away faster than you found it. Or Scholars could try and sweep historical truth right up under the archaeological rug leaving you to ponder the thought of giving up after trying to explain yourself in more than just a few sentences. Also, I'd think twice before donating anything to the Museum of Florida History in Tallahassee for depending on the circumstances they may not even be authorized to appreciate their own past publicly and you'd be better off choosing personal gain over things like historic preservation.

The bitterness between Archaeologists and Treasure Hunters has caused many a temper to flare in recent days with such show's as Spike TV's American Digger and poor decisions made by a Florida Court to like hand over 500 million dollars in Spanish Gold and Silver back to the Spanish Government without so much as a hand shake or a peso for compensation don't help much for trying to improve relations. And here I thought about returning Hernando back to Spain seeing as America does not appreciate the man enough to let a National Memorial honor their own past. You are looking right at it, eh. Still Spanish Treasure can put a smile on any treasure hunters face when you hold it in the palm of your own hand. And good luck figuring out what to do with it after you find it. Just don't give up on it like some people. In the end your efforts could be well rewarded. Even if it is the Museum putting your kind donation on public display that would be priceless too. The same as David Horan winning your case before the United States Supreme Court. Welcome Home! Either way that metal detector just paid for itself.

Attachments

• 1539 LANDING RELIC.jpg
    1539 LANDING RELIC.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 978
  • image011.jpg
    image011.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 1,202
  • SOTO.jpg
    SOTO.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 2,264
So, what did you find?

Still not sure what you found. No offense , but your story was hard to follow. I think you found something from Desoto in Florida and its worth money. You are fighting the state to keep it. Am I right? It also sounds like you want everybody to give you recognition for this. Thats great that you found an awesome piece of history , but being humble goes a long way.

Oh man you're SUCH a great person. SO so cool!!! If only I had hundreds of millions for a blob of metal from 1539!!! Oh man, the Florida guys are bringing you down. Time to take it to the man! YOU're my idol! My HERO.

I'll never know what it's like to be YOU....my liege....my King...My Losttrails1539...:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Lmao!!!!!!!

Oh man you're SUCH a great person. SO so cool!!! If only I had hundreds of millions for a blob of metal from 1539!!! Oh man, the Florida guys are bringing you down. Time to take it to the man! YOU're my idol! My HERO.

I'll never know what it's like to be YOU....my liege....my King...My Losttrails1539...:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Rick you always say what we are really thinking . Thats so funny!

I hope you aren't referring to my best friend Lost trails. He found hundreds of trillions man...c'mon I'd say he has the best first impression of all time in the history of seconds, minutes, hours, days, months, years, decades, centuries, and milleniums.

The most entertaining first impression at least. One of the more enjoyable introductions lmao

ouch

So much for the friendly theme. If one has no interest in the subject matter of the OPer, then one should move on. There is no need to beat up on someone because you don't like the wordy subject matter. We may very well have members who this subject appeals to. Doubt they would post to it now. Think how it would feel if youall were on the receiving end. Lets at least pretend we are polite by keeping it civil.

I for one would like to see what was found, De Sotos story is an interesting one. the Soto sur name is a common one here but if real would be an interesting find. I do not believe that the items found on land would fall under the same "laws" that sunken treasure would , but who knows anymore. The way he extorted the native indians is more like a modern kidnapping.But he saw more of the new world than any other explorer for some time.

dang does this mean i should send that spanish reale i found back :(

Well, first off....the OP either isn't properly versed in English or somethings screwy :(

I think the artifact lostrails is very, very interseting. But I don't think the state of Florida is suing you for that very small relic with Desotos name on it, and if they are its probably because you were being so humble about it :laughing:

Seriously though, if you redo your grammar, and clarify things a bit, I'd be very interested in this. Also, are you referring to other treasure hunters who have been taken to court or are you talking about yourself????

I might get myself a chair and a bowl of popcorn if this goes on though :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Back
Top Bottom