History Channel Tonight

According to this site they searched in Southeast Kansas:
"In one part of the documentary, called “Jesse James Hidden Treasure”, Pastore and others search in southeast Kansas for the James fortune gained from years of robbing banks and trains."

http://www.ksn.com/news/local/story...ry-of-Jesse-James/PCbs44qI30OF7cMggl5TPw.cspx

Mr. Pastore also believes "Pre-existing Native Americans was an ancient race of giants with advanced technology and a great knowledge of the earths energies. "
http://www.burlingtonnews.net/pkmoundmatrix.html

I finally got a chance to sit down and watch it, it was worth checking out just to see them pull the cache of Morgans and gold coins. Pretty sweet.

I finally got a chance to sit down and watch it, it was worth checking out just to see them pull the cache of Morgans and gold coins. Pretty sweet.

I had a problem with that too. Suposedly, this is a 100+ year old jar of coins buried there. That lid looked way to clean. The second lid....THATS what an old jar lid looks like when you dig them up. Second, that glass looked new. I've dug enough bottle dumps to know old glass. That looked wrong. Lastly, These coins were buried in the jar, which was broken with the shovel, right? Then why were the coins all caked up in dirt, in the ground? They should have been a loose pile surrounded with glass. How long has he been searching and planning this show? How hard would it be to have hid this himself a year earlier so that the plants would have time to grow back?

Lastly, the whole KGC buried THIER special caches in "mason jars". Mason jars were the only thing you COULD bury something in to keep it safe. They were air-tight canning jars, just like today. They didn't have easy access to big diameter pipe, or a way to seal it without hurting what was inside.

I don't know why, but I never considered that they buried caches in Mason jars. I was always thinking tin cans or crocks, like the old cookie jar. This whole KGC is news to me, never heard of them.

Great info Ed! You're lucky you're sitting surrounded by all this history! :yes:

I don't know why, but I never considered that they buried caches in Mason jars. I was always thinking tin cans or crocks, like the old cookie jar. This whole KGC is news to me, never heard of them.

Great info Ed! You're lucky you're sitting surrounded by all this history! :yes:

I've dug up ton's of mason jar lids in the wood, And have never had one show as iron like they did on one of theres..:?: aren't most of them zinc.

Just a warning...If anyone tries searching "Jesse James' Hidden Treasure" Do Not click on the link php.seasam...It's a newer link & I just got 2 viruses from it just by clicking the link..:censored:..Luckly my real time virus protection caught them & quarantined them..

I read all of the posts to see that Jason and I were thinking alike. Of the jillion zinc jar lids I have dug I have never seen one come out of the ground as purty and white and zinc colored as that one did. Also when they pulled that piece of jar out of the hole it looked an awful lot like a mayonaise jar to me. It sure wasnt old. I waited for this show for a week and was disapointed :( . Hokey aint the word that came to mind as it went off. And the gold bar in the tree??? How many of us walk by a tree with a hollow in it and run their metal detector in it??? I dont and may be missing a lot of stuff but I just dont figure that it would rot out in the right place so you would find something in it...d2

Just a warning...If anyone tries searching "Jesse James' Hidden Treasure" Do Not click on the link php.seasam...It's a newer link & I just got 2 viruses from it just by clicking the link..:censored:..Luckly my real time virus protection caught them & quarantined them..
That has just happened to me too :(

Always a cliffhanger ...I`m dyin here ...get the earth mover ...get the box ,or vault ..If I was there I would have hand dug the rest ..They call themselves Hunters...What the hey...Im sure if they asked the local CAT dealer he would have helped ...even If just for the addvertising...?:yes:

I think there is a lot more money in selling a two-hour documentary to a cable network than there is in finding buried treasure.

I think I remember that guy coming here and asking what detector would be good for such a job... :lol:

Just got a chance to watch the show. They remind me of the UFO shows that are the same network.
I was guessing they were digging somewhere near Leavenworth and Atchison.
The Butterfield Stage Line was mentioned

According to this site they searched in Southeast Kansas:
"In one part of the documentary, called “Jesse James Hidden Treasure”, Pastore and others search in southeast Kansas for the James fortune gained from years of robbing banks and trains."

http://www.ksn.com/news/local/story...ry-of-Jesse-James/PCbs44qI30OF7cMggl5TPw.cspx

Mr. Pastore also believes "Pre-existing Native Americans was an ancient race of giants with advanced technology and a great knowledge of the earths energies. "
http://www.burlingtonnews.net/pkmoundmatrix.html

I did a search for "ronald J pastore". Wow, this guy is a KOOK! He also seems like you typical shyster. Everything he doess is trying to get people to give him money. Buy his book, buy his CDs, invest in his group.... Frankly, I don't believe anything from this show anymore.

fat chance

the B.O.D. runs right out side my front door. i also know where the secret location is were they found the gold piece at. my grandfather was raise on the said ground in the early 30"s. we used to go back every year on his birthday to relive his childhood. however it is now being gaurd by the kansas national guard around the clock and you cant get anywheres close. kind of bums me out.

I just checked my History channel for tonight and it is not on. I am near Chicago. I wonder if they show different programs in different regions?

The History channel also ran a show about Vikings in North America.
One of the things they sighted as proof was a mysterious structure in Newport RI that's alternately called the "Windmill" and the "Viking tower".
They made a big deal about the "exact alignment" of a window with another location in the mid west.

Well the structure had been a mystery until the late 80's when the foundation was excavated for restoration.

Turns out it was a colonial era windmill....which jives a little better with the time they sighted the tower as evidence the Knights Templar hid the holy grail here.

I enjoy the history channel,
but they never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

My Treasure Find: Ron Pastore's digging site

I was very unaware of this documentary of Jesse James' hidden treasure until this memorial weekend (May 2010). After the cemetery memorial service earlier in the morning, my father, uncle and I were driving the back country roads of Kansas venturing out through the land and praries where my family settles in the 1800s.

My uncle stops his vehicle and he asks if we'd like to see where Jesse James' Hideout was, and as an adventurer myself, I was intrigued by what he was going to show us. I said sure and I pulled my SUV off the road into a field marked with a no trespassing sign and ventured further into private property where we probably should not have been.

We end up near these caves and begin looking around at the carvings. Less than 4 minutes later, a man comes driving up in a newly looking orange ATV. He has a gun strapped to his hip and a badge of some sorts on his belt. Wearing khaki colored pants, shirt, and boots..he cautiously walks up to us to see why we are here and what our intentions are.

He seemed surprised to see us on the land, and my uncle politely told him that our family was from the area and that my grandmother used to come up here when she was younger and that we were just coming out to see how to walk around and look at the caves. My uncle mentioned that he recognized this place from the History Channel documentary and asked the man if he had seen it. Enter RJ Pastore. Mr. Pastore introduces himself and states that he is the one that was in the documentary, which was a huge surprise to us. We were simply adventuring on a summer's day in land that we should not have been venturing on.

After becoming more comfortable with us, he knew we meant no harm or trouble to the dig. He became excited to tell us about the glyphs that were carved into the cave walls and their meanings, including the names of JJ, Zerela, and JJ's other siblings, etc. They were all there, and very old looking etchings. After sometime of giving us a history lesson of the 'hideout', he politely offered to show us another area where the show was actually filmed and the mason jars were found. He gave several of the family members wearing sandals a ride on the back of his ATV to the next site so that the wouldn't get hurt. On the way, several of us others walked the route. He pointed out large cat prints several inches across in the mud near the caves and told us that they were from the cougars that live in the area. 'Make loud noises by clapping your hands' while you walk around he warned. Who says Kansas doesn't have Mountain Lions.. :)

Mr. Pastore was a very polite man and seem to know an incredible amount of history (whether some believe him or not). He allowed us to take snapshots of the area, the caves, the glyphs, as well as several pictures with him. He did ask that we don't tell people where the cave is located and to not disturb any of the glyphs.

Coming across this man out in the middle of nowhere, on a random day was definitely a fun surprise for us and him too I am sure. My uncle offered him $20 for giving us the history lesson and for showing us around, he politely declined and headed back to where him and his crew were working before we showed up on the land.

After about an hour or more of the venture tour, we headed off the property and back home. Fascinated with what had just happened earlier in the day, I went home and began googling everything I could find about Pastore and the Hidden Treasure. I found this message board and thought I'd share my findings. I'll respect Pastores' request to not share the location. I also ordered the DVD documentary and can't wait to watch it.

From many of the postings on this forum, I cannot say whether Pastores' ideas are exactly correct regarding the faking of JJ's death. However, the dig site was definitely legit, with ATVs, a smaller back hoe, and definitely in Kansas! He was very knowledgable and extremely interesting to listen to and quiz. I was surprised to see such disconnect with Pastores ideas posted all over this forum and the Internet. I'll have to keep doing my own research and balance it with what I saw with my own eyes.

Thanks for all of the interesting posts everyone, I think I've found a new hobby :) and RJ Pastore, if you read this, thanks again for the tour and for being open-minded with our adventure.

This post's title needs to be renamed because every time it resurfaces I think the special is coming on until I read a little further into the post.:mad:

Back
Top Bottom