Gold Concentrates and Paydirt

Terry Soloman

Elite Member
Forum Supporter
I get calls every week from folks looking to buy "Concentrates," of bagged "Paydirt" from us. Many companies and individuals sell concentrates, or dirt that has been dug from a placer gold claim then run through a drywasher or trommel to "Concentrate" the paydirt down to its heaviest properties. This is then bagged by the pound and sold for anywhere from $10-$250.00 depending on the "quality" of the paydirt.

I don't sell paydirt because it is a scam. I don't care what company from Alaska to Arizona, it is not worth your money. You will be better off simply buying gold flakes and cutting the dirt baggers right out of the equation. Think about it for just a second.. If the paydirt was THAT rich, why not just mine it yourself?

Bags and shipping, advertising and filling orders is expensive and time consuming, AND they are going to GIVE you gold to? No gold prospector in history is going to sell you gold for less than it cost them to get out of the ground. Gold amounts are carefully weighed into each bag. Sometimes nuggets are placed in bags going to "good" repeat customers, in order to make the buy even more bags..

If you want to practice gold panning, get some dirt, some fish tank gravel, a little sand and some Shotgun Birdshot. Mix it all up real good, and practice panning out the birdshot.

You have now been officially informed, go in peace.

I watched that show about nome alaska and so many of the prospectors ship their paydirt back, they dont do anymore then get to the concentrates and can ship back 300lbs of paydirt, they said it was to spend winter doing it but i do get that sneaky suspicion that its to sell it across the states in paydirt form.

I dont know what the shipping from nome to their homes then to bag it all up and ship it out again but your right, theres going to be any pickers because if there were theyd pick them out, and looking at the likes of alaska gold where they get so many tonnes of dirt to equal an ounce of gold youd pay out 100 times the price in paydirt to get an ounce of gold.

I just go onto ebay and buy scrap rings and bracelets and i bet i get more gold for my dollar then anyone buying paydirt

My local md store sells sluices and said theres gold all across new england except rhode island (poor buggers) and even considered doing the mad river in new hampshire as the rocks if they do their job would grab any gold under them as the winter ends....but $150 for a sluice for new hampshire gold might be considered as proof that i really am close to ready for the funny farm:laughing:

"...gold all across New England except rhode island...." that figures to be about right...11.2% unemployment and no natural resources other than decent beaches...3 months of the year....at least we have 38 Studios....uh...oh...nevermind....

I dont think many folks are planning to even break even. Its the experience of finding some color they are after. I looked at the feedback of some dirst sellers on ebay before.....hundreds or thousands of happy customers so I guess most folks are happy with what they get. Its all relative.

Back
Top Bottom