Some old coins and Civil War Relics from an old spot.

Rattlehead

Forum Supporter
Back in the 1990s I used to hunt a spot with my Specturm XLT that had produced some nice Civil War relics. While the XLT is a solid machine, its not really known for its depth abilities. So I decided to go re-hunt the site with my CTX to see if I could get some targets that were maybe slightly out of reach before.. I ended up finding several deeper relics and had a blast! Not all of the targets are from the spot I had hunted in the past.. Some were from the lot right next to it, but the majority of the deeper targets were from the original spot.

Ended up finding several miniballs, musket balls, a fuse adapter, some IHPs, and several other coins. Super fun hunt!

Also met up with DiggerDug from the forum for a few hours last Sunday. We found a few relics and scouted some potential Civil War spots which will hopefully produce more relics in future hunts.

Anyway, pics below and here's a YouTube vid for those who care to see the targets as they were dug:

Attachments

• groupshot.jpg
    groupshot.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 716
  • relics.jpg
    relics.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 731
  • coins.jpg
    coins.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 728
  • 1885IHP.jpg
    1885IHP.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 711
  • 1888IHP.jpg
    1888IHP.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 712
  • 1904IHP.jpg
    1904IHP.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 675
  • 1920merc.jpg
    1920merc.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 659
  • 1942MERC.jpg
    1942MERC.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 607
  • 1944merc.jpg
    1944merc.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 610
  • 1946Rosie.jpg
    1946Rosie.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 605
  • chinesecashcoin.jpg
    chinesecashcoin.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 608
  • nickels.jpg
    nickels.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 607
  • spur-token.jpg
    spur-token.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 603
Great post.

And yes: The XLT was immediately outpaced and spanked , depth-wise (and TID at-depths) when the entire Explorer lineage was introduced.

Wow, nice haul! Looks like the CTX did well for you. Way to go!
Thanks! The old 3030 seemed to do pretty well there. I might go back to some of the really trashy spots there and give the Nox a try as well.

Looks like you did some fine hunting!
Thank you! :cheers:

Great post.

And yes: The XLT was immediately outpaced and spanked , depth-wise (and TID at-depths) when the entire Explorer lineage was introduced.
Thanks Tom. Yessir, FBS is still unmatched when it comes to TID at depths IMHO. Thats one of the main reasons I keep buying them.

Holy smokers 👀
Loading up!
I gotta go back over those photos.
Love the post and hunting report👍
,Dew
Thanks Dew! :cheers:

Awesome mixed bag hunt, a little of just about everything. Congrats on the silver, ihps, Buffs and wheats as well as all the other cool digs. The token is pretty cool too. HH Mark

That is some very fine hunting. A very wide variety of finds for sure. Congrats on the Silvers, the Indians, the old Nickels along with all those Relics. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom