Spoon yard

clm

Our neighborhood grew up around a little old farm house. They lady who owns it grew up in the house. Now she is here only on weekends in the summer. Her parents raised six daughters here It would have been a tight fit for that many. She has given me permission to detect at will. I'm sure the family never had many coins rattling around in their pockets. I haven't got it searched out but targets are a lot less frequent So far I have found all kinds of stuff. As for coins only about a dozen wheaties, a war nickel and a buff, and a mercury dime. There has been some clad but not a lot So far I have found eleven spoons and a fork in that yard. The house was too little to entertain so when they had company they ate outside. I'm thinking I'll try to find one more spoon and then put them in a shadow box and give them to her.

Our neighborhood grew up around a little old farm house. They lady who owns it grew up in the house. Now she is here only on weekends in the summer. Her parents raised six daughters here It would have been a tight fit for that many. She has given me permission to detect at will. I'm sure the family never had many coins rattling around in their pockets. I haven't got it searched out but targets are a lot less frequent So far I have found all kinds of stuff. As for coins only about a dozen wheaties, a war nickel and a buff, and a mercury dime. There has been some clad but not a lot So far I have found eleven spoons and a fork in that yard. The house was too little to entertain so when they had company they ate outside. I'm thinking I'll try to find one more spoon and then put them in a shadow box and give them to her.

Not sure what you're saying.....

Was there an old farm where your "neighborhood" (as in small town) grew around?

If so, I'd imagine there's much there to be found. If not, I'm sure there's lots more there to find.

Have you researched the property any? How old is the farm? Were there other homes on the property? Have you looked at the property on Google Earth (possibly locating bare spots/smaller growth trees in any woods)? Is any of it crop ground? Have you walked the fields looking for old pottery, glass, etc.? What detector are you using, and how are you using it?

Back
Top Bottom