Huge Silver Spill.....

GKman

Forum Supporter
Hi Folks
A couple of days ago I had posted a seven silver day https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=254015

I didn't realize at the time that this was a part of a much larger spill of coins...

Today I went back to the same area and well.. It was epic, and I don't use that word...

There were Walker and Franklin Halves, Buffalo's and Jefferson's, Wheats, Roosevelt's, Mercury's, slq's and Washingtons and about five pieces of clad...

I did some facebook live videos if you would like to check them out

First half of the spill..
https://www.facebook.com/gary.e.killmer/videos/10211328295225555/

and then my logging friend used his skidder to move away some of the debris and rocks above and I discovered more..
https://www.facebook.com/gary.e.killmer/videos/10211329114166028/

Totals
24 Washingtons
1 Standing Liberty Quarter
8 Walking Half Dollars
2 Benjamin Franklin Halves
1 Kennedy Half - Not including the one from the other day
22 Roosevelt's - Not including the 6 from the other day
8 Mercury Dimes
4 Buffalo Nickles
8 Wheats
42 Jeffersons
1 Clad dime
6 Clad lincolns
1 Clad Quarter

Attachments

• the beginning.jpg
    the beginning.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 964
  • meholding.jpg
    meholding.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 907
  • Handful.jpg
    Handful.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 894
  • allofthem.jpg
    allofthem.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 899
Wow, that's amazing! I don't think it was a spill, I reckon it was someone's stash! :) Any key-dates in there? Btw, none of those video links work for me

Wow, that's amazing! I don't think it was a spill, I reckon it was someone's stash! :) Any key-dates in there? Btw, none of those video links work for me
Thanks, maybe you have to log on to facebook? I can watch them here from the link. Maybe I can download them and then put them on Youtube...
You could probably search for me on Facebook (gkman) and see them too

Gary,that’s gotta be a cache, or a stash as Terra said...nobody has that fall out of their pocket. You need to keep looking HARD in a fairly large ever expanding circle if things allow. This could all be several jars of buried coins that haven’t all been found yet. You have stumbled upon something that is SO rare it’s not even on the average detectorists radar. Good luck in finding more,because you WILL find more if you’ve found THAT in this amount of time.
Nice shot of the coins with the machine. It’s not necessarily that another brand of machine couldn’t have found them,but to me,if you really like the machine you’ll use it more. If you use it more,the chances of finding something goes up,a simple numbers game if you will. The fact that the CTX is incredibly proficient in finding things,and along with the “frills” that it has, keeps it in my hands exclusively.
Best of luck you lucky f*cker!!:lol: Literally the find of a lifetime.

Congrats. As those coins were likely stashed away.. makes me wonder if perhaps a little gold was also stashed away in a nearby area. I'd be putting on my Dick Tracy/Bart Chilton hat and be on the chase

Congratulations on a remarkable find. I think maybe it belonged to the paperboy. Or some little kid hid his daddy's collection so he can buy ice cream.

One more time - congrats! :)
As for the nature of your find - couple of years ago we found about two hundred coins from early nineteen hundred in the middle of English field.
Turned out it was a house standing there that was destroyed by fire and when they buldozered the leftovers the can with change that was hiding somewhere in basement was destroyed and coins later were spread around by plough.
What I mean - do you know about any houses been there in the past?

Back
Top Bottom