Hit the cotton field today

Gauntlet

Forum Supporter
Cold and windy, I think the high was around 50*, but I felt like getting out or a bit, plus hadn't swung the Vaquero in a while, and wanted to blow the dust off it.

As I got to the turn to head me to the field, I noticed they were out in the other (cotton) fields cutting and chopping the stalks :yes:, and as luck would have it, had already cut the field I'd been hunting.

Sure makes it much nicer having 4-5" stubs, instead of 3-4' tall bushes. So I'm hoping since I can get into spots I likely missed before, I'm hoping to maybe make a couple more nice finds (same field I got the Barber Quarter, Merc, and IH).

Dug a 1960 Jefferson (I hoped was a Buff or V), a Wheatie, and then what I thought was an IH fattie, but turned-out to be the front of a 2-pc N&W button, I don't think it's Norfolk & Western, since it doesn't have any other markings (RY/RR).

On the way back to the truck, I dug what I thought may have been a Large Cent, which turned-out to be a John F Kennedy memorial token of some sort. I couldn't find one online with the front/back, other than silver ones. I believe this one is bronze.

Also found another trigger guard, and the top to the piece of razor I'd previously found.

I plan on hitting it pretty good next week, since it'll be much easier to hunt now. All the old stuff has come from a 100x100' area, so I'm going to concentrate around it and pound the tar out of it :yes:.

PB220002.jpg

PB220007.jpg

PB220003.jpg

PB220004.jpg

PB220005.jpg

Back
Top Bottom