Rechargeable 9v battery options

deezdrama

I just bought a tesoro vaquero and my son a bounty hunter, i think im ordering him a tesoro compadre and have 2 pro pointers..... all of which take 9v batteries. I just paid almost $50 for 5 9v batteries and dont want to have to buy more to throw away.

Is there any recommended rechargeable 9v cells and charger that work well and proven for our applications?

Is Nimh the only option or are there lithium ion options?

Thanks

I have and use Tenergy (brand name) rechargeable 9v batteries, purchased from ebay. They only last about 6 or 7 hours, but the plus side is, they only take a few hours to charge and have lasted over 2 yrs now. I'd say they are worth it. To be fair, I still use Duracell and Energizers now and then too.

HDD

I have and use Tenergy (brand name) rechargeable 9v batteries, purchased from eBay. They only last about 6 or 7 hours, but the plus side is, they only take a few hours to charge and have lasted over 2 yrs now. I'd say they are worth it. To be fair, I still use Duracell and Energizers now and then too.

HDD

+1 on the tenergy, great batteries. I don't Tesoro, but I use them in my Pro pointer.

I use 2 EBL 9 volts. They are kick butt, recharge in like 6-8 hours. Get the highest mAh you can so they'll last longer.

Whats the highest mah youve found? 600mah seems like the best I can find.

Ive used Tenergy li-ion packs before for radio controlled cars and they were good bang for the buck.

The ebl seem to have more reviews though so on the fence

Whats the highest mah youve found? 600mah seems like the best I can find.

Ive used Tenergy li-ion packs before for radio controlled cars and they were good bang for the buck.

The ebl seem to have more reviews though so on the fence

I think 600 is the most. I surely wouldn't expect the 280's to last long at all.

My girlfriend uses a Fisher F2 detector that runs on two 9V batteries. We bought two pair of the lithium-ion ones in the photo and flip flop them when they go dead in the field. Average use is 15-20 hours before they need to be recharged. This is the third year with them and they're still going strong. We bought them on Amazon. Very pleased with these.

Attachments

• DSCN1868.jpg
    DSCN1868.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 1,024
Awesome.... I bought the 4 pack of EBL 600's. I doubt he will be using the bounty hunter much with the compadre I ordered him . My vaquero and the compadre run off single 9v. The bounty hunter runs of 2 of them. 4 should get me by, I might order 4 more if I like em.

Thanks guys

Awesome.... I bought the 4 pack of EBL 600's. I doubt he will be using the bounty hunter much with the compadre I ordered him . My vaquero and the compadre run off single 9v. The bounty hunter runs of 2 of them. 4 should get me by, I might order 4 more if I like em.

Thanks guys

Pinpointers often take 9 volts also and will be on your list as a must not hunt without.
The Tesoro V is very friendly with battery drraw and you will be pleased . Until then grab your rayovacs or everreadys from a discount store . Dollar general or something . Avoid Walgreens believe it or not they seem nuts lately and grocery stores .
Have fun . đź‘Ť
Dew

I just bought a tesoro vaquero and my son a bounty hunter, i think im ordering him a tesoro compadre and have 2 pro pointers..... all of which take 9v batteries. I just paid almost $50 for 5 9v batteries and dont want to have to buy more to throw away.

Is there any recommended rechargeable 9v cells and charger that work well and proven for our applications?

Is Nimh the only option or are there lithium ion options?

Thanks

I've used EBL for over a year. I bought 2 with a charger for $14 (shipped) from eBay. They're now down to 2 with a charger for $12 Shipped.

Just search for EBL 6F22 9V 600mAh Li-ion Rechargeable Battery (2 Pack) + Charger

They're fantastic. I have no idea how long they last, but I can tell you no matter how much I use them, They never die in the week I've got them in (I swap on Saturdays). As mentioned, Been using them for over a year. Both batteries work great, still.

I won't do anything but rechargeables in my equipment. Too easy.

Skippy

Back
Top Bottom