Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Deteknix
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Other Forums > Forum Help & Announcements

Old 09-14-2017, 06:38 AM
Supporter

Default Huge pics

After the recent PhotoBucket "fix" posts, I'd tried it (for Google Chrome), and had also read elsewhere that it's a "fix" for the viewer, not the poster.

That said, I'm wondering if it's causing some pics to show extremely large for me because of this "fix", or if everyone else is seeing the same thing? It makes it basically impossible for me to view the posts having to scroll so far horizontally.

Below are a couple examples, which happen to be from the same member (but I've seen others), so I'm wondering if it's on his end or mine? If it's mine, I'll dump the app (or extension, which ever it was) so I'm able to view the posts.

What are you seeing?

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=251847

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=251301

ETA: Another, since the 2 above are same poster

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=251851

Last edited by SeabeeRon; 09-14-2017 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Moved to Forum Help & Announcements by Moderator.

Old 09-14-2017, 07:03 AM
Supporter

Definitely seeing a huge pic here!

Clad (2015/16)=149.45 (2017)=$14.44 Rings=8 Silver Coins=41 IH=19 Oldest coin=1723 Sterling =8 gold=1

Old 09-14-2017, 07:20 AM
Supporter

OK, thanks! Not just me then

Old 09-14-2017, 07:24 AM
Elite Member

Location: Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and Kansas

Those pics are from imgur, not photobucket.
He is just posting big pics but the forum seems to handle them.
Too much bigger and they probably won't work.

I don't expect everyone to download software just to view my messed up photobucket pics so I just don't use that site anymore.
Most times I used pics stored on my devices but sometimes I was lazy and just didn't take that extra step and paid for it because I will never give photobucket one cent while I can still take a breath.
Not a great idea to capitulate to kidnappers and terrorists....or sites that have free services for years and then decide to change.

I replace them on some of my old posts when I find them, sometimes, others I don't bother or can't edit them now so I don't worry about it.

It's rare but sometimes you just have to use third party sites if you want to post pics...like in the social club posts on this forum.
In those cases I just edit them down to sensible sizes and use this site nowadays..
https://postimages.org

Old 09-14-2017, 01:08 PM
Supporter

LOL, was looking for this thread, couldn't find it......then realized I should have posted it here from the start. Sorry

Send me a Bill

Old 09-14-2017, 05:10 PM
"Can Do" Moderator

Originally Posted by Gauntlet View post
LOL, was looking for this thread, couldn't find it......then realized I should have posted it here from the start. Sorry

Send me a Bill
It's in the mail!!

Old 09-14-2017, 07:12 PM
Supporter

So since photobucket is junk now and imgur was a little difficult (granted because it's new to me to use, and I think it posts BIG pics), are there any super easy options where we don't have to share with the whole world our pics and it posts normal (small) size? An easier free navigated app anyone could recommend would be very helpful, please? I don't mind having advertisements if it's free...

Old 09-14-2017, 07:40 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by MrNovice View post
So since photobucket is junk now and imgur was a little difficult (granted because it's new to me to use, and I think it posts BIG pics), are there any super easy options where we don't have to share with the whole world our pics and it posts normal (small) size? An easier free navigated app anyone could recommend would be very helpful, please? I don't mind having advertisements if it's free...
Postimage.org

Set it (there's a drop-down box) to automatically resize your pics to forum size.
Attached Images

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:08 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Gauntlet View post
Postimage.org

Set it (there's a drop-down box) to automatically resize your pics to forum size.
I just bookmarked that page into my favorites for easy use. Thanks! Real simple!

Old 09-15-2017, 08:33 PM
Supporter

If you're on a PC, just hold the left Ctrl button down, and scroll down on your mouse. It'll Zoom out on your view, and make everything smaller. Just Ctrl-scroll up to put it back.

Cheers,

Skippy

Old 09-16-2017, 07:30 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Skippy SH13 View post
If you're on a PC, just hold the left Ctrl button down, and scroll down on your mouse. It'll Zoom out on your view, and make everything smaller. Just Ctrl-scroll up to put it back.

Cheers,

Skippy
Now you done it, went and lern't me somethin'. Now I gotta forget something else to make room

Old 09-16-2017, 08:19 PM

All I see are nice clear large pics