• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Finally, My First Detector!

JBip

Hello. I'm new to metal detecting, but am very excited about it. I live in the Kansas City area. I got the MX Sport on Friday and was digging holes in the field around my house all weekend. (Yes, it's our property. Lol) I'm excited to do more as well. My house is in the area where the Oregon, Santa Fe, and California Trails junctioned. Could be interesting!

Anyways, looking forward to getting more into this hobby!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Wow, sounds like a great site to learn on, hope you find some real goodies! By the way, welcome to the forum from Oklahoma!

I can post a picture later, it's more funny than exciting though. So far I've found a 1999 penny, a protective tab from a bottle, a squiggly piece of metal, what looks like a hinge plate, and a shredded piece of newer beer can.

It's been good practice though, seeing the types of signals the detector gives off as well as helping to figure out depth and what not.

I lived in Olathe for a few years...hunted all over that area in both states in many parks, Shawnee Mission, Antioch, Penn Valley, Loose, and a million more.
Found a ton.
Never Lone Elm because that was historical and protected but I did hunt Sapling Grove which was an actual major stop along the Santa Fe trail that you could hunt.
Never found a relic there but I did find a big, heavy gold class next to the picnic pavilion.
Go figure.

I took a huge amount of treasure from that part of the country but I left you some.
Have fun getting it and never take that beautiful low mineralized black dirt for granted.
It ain't like that all over the country I can assure you.

Hello and welcome from Oklahoma! I to got a mx sport and learning and loving it more each time i use it. What helped me get a little more familiar with the mx sport is youtube. I advise you to search mx sport videos on youtube you will learn alot about it by more experienced hunters and users of the mx sport. Good luck and happy hunting!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Thank you everyone! Now prepare to be amazed![emoji38]
e50074fece9577dd64ed6ae116ee7fdc.jpg

Welcome man! Hunt hard and dig it all. That's what I've been doing and I'm having a riot. Congrats on the MX Sport. Seems like a great machine! Post pics!

Back
Top Bottom