Weekend wrap up...my first 2 cent piece, more silver, Indians and relics.

.... The 2 cent pieces seem to show up a little less regularly than the big coppers it seems. Although, my friend Tyler has found over a dozen 2 cent pieces in the past few years!:lol: ...

Yup. Just as I suspected: As common as zinc pennies on the east coast :sissyfight:

Yup. Just as I suspected: As common as zinc pennies on the east coast :sissyfight:

Well, while they are not as common as zincs, they do show up on a regular basis (depending on when the mail arrives).:sissyfight: But seriously I have found five on one day about 25 years ago. must have been a pocket spill as it was on an old sledding hill in Lowell MA.

I love that two center so much, I started a thread for it!
Please post here:

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=270654&highlight=cent

Thanks matmit! That's a great thread with some nice coins posted in it!

Well, while they are not as common as zincs, they do show up on a regular basis (depending on when the mail arrives).:sissyfight: But seriously I have found five on one day about 25 years ago. must have been a pocket spill as it was on an old sledding hill in Lowell MA.

AAaggghhh. I think I've found 5 in 40 yrs. of md'ing. They're rare here in CA.

5 in one day is craziness!

Thanks matmit! That's a great thread with some nice coins posted in it!

5 in one day is craziness!

Yea, that was a wonderful site, LCs, Indians, silvers, 2 cents, and many wheats. This site is an open top reservoir with a capped reservoir behind it, buitl in the 1830's and was "lovers lane" in the 40's. It was overgrown up to the mid 1980's when the city went in and used a grade-all to drag the overgrowth off including about 2" of soil with it. It was like a virgin site. The finds were great, I know of about seven 2 centers, I found two LC's, one 1835 and one 1855 slant 5 variety, a tribe of indians including 5 from the 1870's, Seated, and Barber silver plus more common ones.

Good going so far this year! You're making it sound easy. You're on par for a better than 100 silvers year. Go get 'em!

Thank you Foragist! Hopefully I can keep the momentum going through the summer. I've been making friends with some other local detectorists and they've been gracious enough to invite me along on some of their hunts at some good spots.

Congratulations, you are killing it! You are going to blow right past 100 silvers at this rate. You're on your way to Trapperville!;)

Back
Top Bottom