Fisher F5 coil wiring

duris86

Hello colleague detectors,
i would like to ask you for help. Its quite a time when i thought that my detector Fisher f5 is broken (it started to be very unstable at the same settings that I used for long time).
So I bought new detector Minelab safari.
Few days ago I decided to give fisher a try. I have opened him and cleaned and then wanted to test. Unfortunately I found out that my 11 DD coils connector was disassembled and I now I don’t remember which cable go where.
My uncle weld it but I don’t think its OK. I tried it on my fisher and its very unstable and the coil detects metal only 2-5 cm from it.
I tried friends coil on my detector and it was working perfect, same as his detector. We opened connector on his coil but it has different cable colors that I have.
Here are pictures of my coil connector, and detector from inside. I would be very happy if someone can tell me if connector is weld correct.

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_0156.jpg
    IMG_0156.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 1,324
  • IMG_0157.jpg
    IMG_0157.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 710
  • IMG_0159.jpg
    IMG_0159.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 910
  • IMG_0161.jpg
    IMG_0161.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 756
Looking at the photo, it looks like you have two cables, one should be transmit and the other receive. Transmit will probably be the red and black and receive should be white and green. look at the plug from inside your detector match the plug from coil so the black wire matches the black wire on coil pin and the red wire matches the brown wire coil pin. brown and black on coil should be transmit use meter should get continuity 0 ohms. recieve will get reading of some sort not sure 1. or something showing it is the receiving side. The coil wire looks like it only has a clear plastic for center wire and outer ground wire, this should be receiving side it should match up with the white and green. try white, to clear center wire, then test the signal if that doesn't work try swapping the wire to green should work in one or other direction. looks like the other pin is jumped to the black on the inside of detector plug. probably your ground side. I would try this see if it works if not you haven't lost anything but a few moments of your time. Whenever you cannot find what works, find what does not work and don't do it again. HOPE THIS HELPS.

Back
Top Bottom