How to make a Straight Shaft for $30. with parts list

I tell you one of the best CUFFs ive found was on an aluminum crutch i got at good will. Those ones that have the cuff.... rod.... and hand grip.... sweet, i could use the whole thing and even had holes punched at the bottom for a lower adjustment rod. I think i paid $8 for the thing.

Dew

Ever since I read about this idea I have been on the lookout for one or two of those
crutches.

Today I scored!.... Two of em', one used and one brand new in a sealed plastic bag.

picture.php

I had already looked on craigslist and saw a few, and I found out the proper name for these is "forearm crutches", or European crutches.

I met a nice guy who has a small medical supply business a couple of months ago.
I was over near there and remembered to ask him about a couple of these.

He said, " I have two of those crutches, I'll bring them in tomorrow, you can have them".
I tried to get him to take something for them but he refused over and over.

The Holidays are here so that will give me an excuse to bring him over a nice gift basket.

Not a Christmas gift basket, a Kwanzaa gift basket.........

You see,..... this guy is Nigerian, he's as black as a piece of coal,... and he is a good, decent, kind, man.

Well, I better go, I have to email my friend, a member of his family back home is having trouble cashing some checks at her bank in Nigeria. I am going to give her my account number and password so she can deposit them into my account.
Once they have cleared I will send her a cashiers check minus 10% for my trouble.

Just teasing

"Never judge people by where they come from or the color of their skin"

"Good people come from all over and in all colors"
~*~

And That's What I'm Thankful For

That There Are Still Good People In This World!

"Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!"

picture.php

~*~

Just as an update: I picked up a six and a half foot piece of 7/8 inch aluminum tubing at a thrift store the other day for $1.00 which is enough to make 2 or 3 straight shafts.

I am still checking thrift stores for straight arm crutches for the arm cuffs and still haven't seen a set for sale.

For arm cuffs, I found that a 3 or 4 inch (depending on your arm size) PVC coupling cut in half length wise also makes good arm cuffs. Drill 2 holes in the bottom and threw the shaft to bolt to the shaft. Short nylon bolts work fine. For the price of a $2.00 PVC coupling, you have two arm cuffs, I painted mine black so it didn't look homemade. :lol:

I was thinking you could probably use a xterra arm rest because it would have the strap and the holds for it all you would need is one hole on the bottom of the shaft to connect the bolt that screws into the arm rest... Does anyone know how long the lower shaft is on the excal

Back
Top Bottom