Selling found phones...

Ice Scratcher

Elite Member
So I found a couple smart phones this season.. After asking around it looks like this is the place to do it...

https://www.gazelle.com/

I looked up the two phones, damaged and not working, $50 & $35, the IPhone was the $50...

Filled out the application, chose the "send a free box and label" option, a few days later I found two boxes in my mail box.. Stuck the phones in the boxes and stuck the label on, two minutes later they were ready to send in...

Then I got this...

"Your box has been delivered!

Your box has arrived at Gazelle. Next, we'll unpack the box and prepare your item for inspection. Look out for our email updates along the way.

If you have any questions, please visit our help center.

Thanks,
The Gazelle Team "

Then this...

"Good news! Everything checked out.
We've tested your Apple iPhone 5 16GB (Sprint) (SR46846973899) and everything checked out. The condition was just as you described.

Your payment will be sent in 3 to 5 days. We'll send you a confirmation email once your payment is on its way.

Thanks,
The Gazelle Team"

Looks like I'm 3-5 days away from $85, in all for both phones, it took about 15 minutes of work on my end!!

I will update this once I get my money as well. I just thought I would share this with you guys, seems pretty easy. I'm looking forward to more phones in my scoop at this point!!

<*)))>{

So...the 'Pirate' is looking for phones as well as gold? LOL Did you weigh them before sending them in? With the way gold is dropping, those phones MAY be worth more then gold soon. LOL Good luck on future hunts, no matter what you're after. : )

So...the 'Pirate' is looking for phones as well as gold? LOL Did you weigh them before sending them in? With the way gold is dropping, those phones MAY be worth more then gold soon. LOL Good luck on future hunts, no matter what you're after. : )

:lol: forgot to weigh them..:roll:

Seriously, scrap wise, they really are about as good or better than many of the gold that went into my signature!

Good luck to you as well Frankie!!

<*)))>{

Returning phones

I found a Samsung Galaxy S5 phone on the beach. Pulled the SIM card and it said T-mobile. Went to that dealer and they entered the number and said they would contact the owner and have them call me.
He called in about an hour, I returned the phone and he gave me a small reward.

These phones were drowned as drowned could be...

Stole em back from Davey Jones!

:pirate:

<*)))>{

I found a Samsung Galaxy S5 phone on the beach. Pulled the SIM card and it said T-mobile. Went to that dealer and they entered the number and said they would contact the owner and have them call me.

These phones were drowned as drowned could be...

Stole em back from Davey Jones!

:pirate:

<*)))>{

The nice thing about the S5 is that it's waterproof so if I'm detecting and I drop it in the water (no doubt that will happen sooner or later) then theoretically I'm all set. Not sure how they would hold up after days in the surf, probably not good. BTW, if your in the market for a new phone and your trying to decide between the iPhone or the S5...get the Iphone.:roll:

Cool ,I have a box full of old phones. THis could be away to get some quick cash.

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

I tried to send one in to Usell and they emailed me and said it was too damaged (it looked fine but was found in salt water) and they asked if they could recycle it or did I want it back. I told them send it back :) Maybe I'll try your site!

Damn!!

The Samsung it not going to work....

Unfortunately, we are unable to complete your transaction at this time as your Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-i337 (SRXXXXXXXXXX) has been reported as "lost or stolen" by either the carrier associated with the device or law enforcement.

If you feel this information is incorrect, we encourage you to contact your carrier directly to resolve the issue, then inform our customer care team.

Because we take incidences of lost or stolen devices seriously, we will hold this device for up to 30 days and check in on the device status daily. Once the device is cleared with the carrier, we will resume the inspection of your device. In the event we have not heard from you within the 30-day period, we will attempt to identify the device's lawful owner in accordance with our policy for handling "lost or stolen" devices.

If you have any other questions, please contact our customer care team

<*)))>{

the phones sure don't fetch the price selling them they used to,,,,not that I have found another water toasted fancy Iphone since the last one I found but I got $250 for it from Iphoneantidote.com,,,,,still a good resale value and better than tossing them in the garbage,,,GL HH

Damn!!

The Samsung it not going to work....

Unfortunately, we are unable to complete your transaction at this time as your Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-i337 (SRXXXXXXXXXX) has been reported as "lost or stolen" by either the carrier associated with the device or law enforcement.

If you feel this information is incorrect, we encourage you to contact your carrier directly to resolve the issue, then inform our customer care team.

Because we take incidences of lost or stolen devices seriously, we will hold this device for up to 30 days and check in on the device status daily. Once the device is cleared with the carrier, we will resume the inspection of your device. In the event we have not heard from you within the 30-day period, we will attempt to identify the device's lawful owner in accordance with our policy for handling "lost or stolen" devices.

If you have any other questions, please contact our customer care team

<*)))>{

I just read THIS on their site, then saw your post. In short, they work with the phone carriers and law enforcement to determine if a phone is lost or stolen. So, who wouldn't call their carrier and tell them they lost their phone at the beach? They're not going to keep paying a monthly bill; right? And if it's reported stolen? Well, who are they going to come looking for? I think the safest way to make $$$ off phones is to know how to part them out for the precious metal, but then, I'd rather spend that time swinging the coil.

R5

I just read THIS on their site, then saw your post. In short, they work with the phone carriers and law enforcement to determine if a phone is lost or stolen. So, who wouldn't call their carrier and tell them they lost their phone at the beach? They're not going to keep paying a monthly bill; right? And if it's reported stolen? Well, who are they going to come looking for? I think the safest way to make $$$ off phones is to know how to part them out for the precious metal, but then, I'd rather spend that time swinging the coil.

R5

I told them I found it in the lake, the phone would not power up obviously, so I could not retrieve any numbers or data to track down the owner.. I also told them to feel free to send it back to the owner if they felt the need or could..

<*)))>{

"As part of our online trade-in process, each of our customers are required to contractually confirm the device is in fact theirs to sell and has not been reported as lost or stolen. We also remind customers at several points in the process that we do not accept items that have been reported lost or stolen. "

Found in the lake, I have no record as to the phone being "reported" lost or stolen...

I have dropped a couple phones in the very same lake... I never reported mine lost or stolen... Its not stolen, and I still know where they are!! :yes:

<*)))>{

There is usually less than $10 in scrap in a cell phone , thats everything included , battery , gold , silver , copper.... they must either recondition them or harvest resusable parts to fix other phones.

Back
Top Bottom