Treble Gilt, Hessian Button + Unknown Pin.

NoNameJohn

Whats up everyone, I need your help, I found these today, Maryland coastal estate that dates back to the late 1600's -early 1700's timeframe. Pretty much the beginning of the new world. Im not positive but I believe that the grounds that I dug these on (8"-10", all within 500 FT) may have ties to the revolutionary war considering the buttons being possibly British and German. Im not sure about the pin though, it looks like a freemason symbol but its a stretch. It seems like it might have have something imbued on it at some point but I found no evidence of that unfortunately. Heavy gold showing as well as green tarnish around it. the inside seems to be made of corrosive metal. perhaps it was just a cheap plated broach for leather or something I don't know.

Anyways, This was my first hunt and this is my first post. Ive always been an inspiring Indiana jones wannabe as well as a really sloppy history buff. Glad to see you folks are "friendly".

Ive tried to upload photos but not sure whats going on, the picture sizes on my Nikon are too high for this website I guess, what do you guys do? thanks

I use a program picture resizer 6.0 There should be a few others out there to D/L. HH

I believe the max size is 800x600. I post pics from my phone and use an app called resize/reduce something. Mspaint on the pc will do the same thing. Can't wait to see the pics.

Back
Top Bottom