Picture question for anybody that can help

wvdave107

Elite Member
Can anyone tell me how to post pics without them being oriented different from the originals? Seems every time a post a pic from my computer it is oriented in a different position. Kind of annoying....Can anyone help? Or, am I missing something or just completely inept at posting pics?

Good question happens to me once in awhile but useless with fixing much on computers guess was born to early.

Use the "Preview Post" feature to see how your photo(s) is/are going to display. If one is in the post in horizontal orientation, yet you took it vertically with your phone, then you can remove it, rotate the original on your phone, save it, and re-add it to the post. I use the Preview Post feature a lot to ensure my post isn't all jacked up before I submit it. Even if you post the thread you can manage the photo afterwards and fix it.

How your photo goes into a post may have something to do with your phone's auto-rotate feature and how the photo is saved.

I've had a few problems with this as well lately, wvdave. I'm a bit confused by it too, and I'm pretty adept at photo manipulation and posting. My recent thread about the wheat/steel cent spill in the Stories/Pics of Finds section is a perfect example. I rotated a few of the pics with a new app on my phone, and a couple of them still displayed wrong when I uploaded them. I fiddled with them a bit with no success, so I went back to the old app I always used with perfect success and uploaded the photos again (I host them on my own site). Still no luck.

As a last ditch effort, I went to my desk top machine and fired up Photoshop. Rotated all the original pics using that software and uploaded them all over again. I checked my forum post on both the desktop and my laptop, and all looked great, so I went to bed (after wasting over an hour total) satisfied that I licked the problem. Woke up the next morning and checked the thread to read responses, and found that the same 2 photos are still wrong when I look at the post using an iPad or my phone, but correct on a PC or laptop!! :?: :?:

At that point I gave up -- and I have no real idea why some of the photos refuse to cooperate :?:

I've had a few problems with this as well lately, wvdave. I'm a bit confused by it too, and I'm pretty adept at photo manipulation and posting. My recent thread about the wheat/steel cent spill in the Stories/Pics of Finds section is a perfect example. I rotated a few of the pics with a new app on my phone, and a couple of them still displayed wrong when I uploaded them. I fiddled with them a bit with no success, so I went back to the old app I always used with perfect success and uploaded the photos again (I host them on my own site). Still no luck.

As a last ditch effort, I went to my desk top machine and fired up Photoshop. Rotated all the original pics using that software and uploaded them all over again. I checked my forum post on both the desktop and my laptop, and all looked great, so I went to bed (after wasting over an hour total) satisfied that I licked the problem. Woke up the next morning and checked the thread to read responses, and found that the same 2 photos are still wrong when I look at the post using an iPad or my phone, but correct on a PC or laptop!! :?: :?:

At that point I gave up -- and I have no real idea why some of the photos refuse to cooperate :?:

AT. I tried the same thing. Rotated them on my laptop then tried to post, same thing. I fiddled with it for some time trying different things...same results. I'm off today and its raining. May tackle it again. I'll post if I figure it out...LOL

I don't post from my phone, I will typically copy them to the computer, drop them into Paint cropped, sized and orientated the way I want them, save the new image and upload it from there. Never had a problem that way.

AT. Took T-Mans advice. Opened with Paint and sized and oriented my pics, then saved. All the tests seemed to upload in the correct orientation. Give it a try. Let me know how it works out

AT. Took T-Mans advice. Opened with Paint and sized and oriented my pics, then saved. All the tests seemed to upload in the correct orientation. Give it a try. Let me know how it works out

Glad you got this figured out.

Flipping my monitor upside down to view your pics was making an even bigger mess of my desk! :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom