Craig list find

kozman4907

Elite Member
I am always looking for stuff, I see a pic of a machine and contact owner, The guy says its a fisher cz 20. sends me bunch of pics. its mint. I ask him how much he says $350.00.

I am the new owner of a CZ 20. I has hard shell case, black headphones,hip mount.

Did I pay too much? And do ya think Fisher still upgrades them?

Dude!!!!!! Thats a steal!!! I think they still turn em into cz 21!
Like you I got a Minelab Soveriegn Elite for only $360. Off of craigs list!

Did I pay too much? And do ya think Fisher still upgrades them?
Koz....that was a terrific find!

Before taking it in the ocean, I'd soak it in the tub for a good amount of time and check for leaks. If nothing, then take it for an ocean spin. Lately I've been finding a lot of closet queens that are mint, but o-rings or the coil wires dry-rotted and split after the first few uses. Now I do the bath tub thing before going to the beach. Just my $0.02 of prevention. =)

I talked to Fisher last January and they were still doing the conversions. I wouldn't sweat it though. The 20 has a good following and if it ain't broke, don't fix it. :yes:

Last edited:
Koz

That's about average, i paid 400.00 years ago., watch out for the rubber seal on the pin point button, as it can leak if submerged, advice, if you want to submerge a CZ20, its a good thing to send it in to fisher, they will upgrade it to a Cz21- with a CZ21 face,new serial #, and what ever it needs to re- build to new condition, it will cost you another 350.00 or 400.00 , but the good thing is, you will have a new like machine, and be able to submerge without worry of frying the machine, and loosing your 350.00- investment, happy hunting , Earl

Before taking it in the ocean, I'd soak it in the tub for a good amount of time and check for leaks. If nothing, then take it for an ocean spin. Lately I've been finding a lot of closet queens that are mint, but o-rings or the coil wires dry-rotted and split after the first few uses. Now I do the bath tub thing before going to the beach. Just my $0.02 of prevention. =)

I talked to Fisher last January and they were still doing the conversions. I wouldn't sweat it though. The 20 has a good following and if it ain't broke, don't fix it. :yes:

X2

That's about average, i paid 400.00 years ago., watch out for the rubber seal on the pin point button, as it can leak if submerged, advice, if you want to submerge a CZ20, its a good thing to send it in to fisher, they will upgrade it to a Cz21- with a CZ21 face,new serial #, and what ever it needs to re- build to new condition, it will cost you another 350.00 or 400.00 , but the good thing is, you will have a new like machine, and be able to submerge without worry of frying the machine, and loosing your 350.00- investment, happy hunting , Earl

X2

Both have sound advice.

Back
Top Bottom