• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Diamond Bracelet

woody

Testing out a GS5B P.I detector at the beach and found this Diamond bracelet. The local jeweller estimates it to be 1800 to 1880's and worth a small fortune.

Attachments

• ant421 035.jpg
    ant421 035.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 2,507
I nearly fell over when the sparklers hit the sunlight when it popped out of the sand. I also found a Diamond and Purple stone ring the next day not far from the bracelet.  Horrible pic I know but the camera has a focus problem.

Attachments

• ant421 036.jpg
    ant421 036.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 2,361
Very nice, its been a while since I have hit the jackpot with my detector.
Looks like the cam is focusing on the desk instead of the object - Might try putting it on a peice of white paper - Even black might work, as cams seem to get fixated by grainy, textured desks.
Also, make sure you are in macro mode for close-ups of small objects.

Well I guess that detector & the next one just paid for its self! :yes: I'll bet you're also hearing..."honey don't you want to go out and metal detect today?" ;)

Hi Woody

Super find.

Looks like you have the Goldscan 5 dialed in quite well. What did it come in with on the ID, high tone or low ??

Mr. Bill

Both the Ring and the bracelet were High Tone and very loud and clear.
The ring was down around 4" in compacted sand near the base of a Dune.

That bracelet was very deep, i suspect that other detectors would not have detected it. I should of measured the hole but it was between 18" and 24" The bracelet has 56 .4 carat Diamonds...Bloody good find I think!

There were a few operators at the beach I visited and I went home with more than them, I even dug coins from area's they detected over, goes to show the power of using the GS5B P.I

I just payed BIG bucks for "The Ring" a few weeks ago, it would have been great if I could have found a nice complimenting piece like that bracelet to go with the ring.  Anyways Awesome find, I just hope someday I can find something good too.

-Evan

:wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

HOLY MOLY! Better change your handle to "The Iceman". :lol: What type of metal are the diamonds mounted on? I'm assuming gold or platinum.

I've been looking at the Goldscan, and would ask for your opinion on the machine, but I think I know your answer already. :lol:

Many CONGRATS!

The metal looks like rose gold.

What do i think of the GS5 ? It goes deep and seems to be a good all round detector, i have also found gold nuggets in highly mineralized soil.
A good all round deep detector. It would be interesting to compare to a Xterra 70 or an Infineum.

I have 3 detectors and each one has a specific purpose.

Goldmaster....Small Gold, Crystaline Gold on small mullock heaps.
Sovereign.......Beaches and parks with lots of trash.
GS5B..........The deepest detector, be prepared to dig deep holes.

Thanks for the review Woody. PI is down the road for me, but I'm starting the learning curve now.

Congrats again on a mind blowing find. Good thing you have a strong heart :lol:

Kevin

Back
Top Bottom